Page 243 of 366 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    If we are talking about and Omega Connie- here is the link to the mothership. I was quite pleased with the job the did for me on my Seam aster 50thAanv GMT after the Watch Dr could not get it to hold time. I appreciated his candor and suggestion to go to Omega Inc.

Cost was about 600ish with shipping and tax. They paid for the inbound to assess and confirm pricing for the work, I paid for the return. The replaced springs, hands, misc. parts and gave it a polish job that had it looking brand new. 2x the price of the Watch Dr. 1/2 of a similar treatment to my buddies Rolex by their mothership. 2 yr warranty on the work which equaled the warrant under which the watch was sold to me 10+ years ago.

I have another buddy who had his Speedy tuned up by Omega and was quite happy. In the end, it had to go back to the motherland but they stuck by their quoted price.

Given your watch's origin story, I would be highly inclined to send it to Omega.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/c...ce-information
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 06-15-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    If we are talking about and Omega Connie- here is the link to the mothership. I was quite pleased with the job the did for me on my Seam aster 50thAanv GMT after the Watch Dr could not get it to hold time. I appreciated his candor and suggestion to go to Omega Inc.

Cost was about 600ish with shipping and tax. They paid for the inbound to assess and confirm pricing for the work, I paid for the return. The replaced springs, hands, misc. parts and gave it a polish job that had it looking brand new. 2x the price of the Watch Dr. 1/2 of a similar treatment to my buddies Rolex by their mothership. 2 yr warranty on the work which equaled the warrant under which the watch was sold to me 10+ years ago.

I have another buddy who had his Speedy tuned up by Omega and was quite happy. In the end, it had to go back to the motherland but they stuck by their quoted price.

Given your watch's origin story, I would be highly inclined to send it to Omega.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/c...ce-information
    Thank you - I’ll contact them!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Speaking of my Constellation… I’d like to have it cleaned up and reconditioned. It’s quartz but of immense emotional value to me since my late wife surprised me with it for our tenth anniversary decades ago. It’s steel and gold, and could use some cleanup. Does anyone have suggestions for where to go for this kind of work?
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    If we are talking about and Omega Connie- Given your watch's origin story, I would be highly inclined to send it to Omega.
    What is the company shop going to do to a quartz watch besides clean up the case and replace gaskets?

I know what Seiko did to my Agency Retirement quartz... They gave it the Zippo Repair, discarded the works and put a new movement in the old case.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    JW

1. The watch in question is an heirloom. Ergo my presumption was that cost, within reason, was not remotely driving the train. Moreover, I also presumed that the desired end state was the best possible result for the watch.

2. If you know higher end watch brands like Omega and Rolex (as well as many others) genuine factory parts are becoming harder to come by for independent watch makers. Historically, Omega and other companies would sell certain parts to select watch makers on a fairly regular basis i.e. case backs/crystals, mainsprings, non precious metal stems and gaskets. That is not necessarily the case any longer.

3. If you clicked the link and read the copy, you would know, that bare minimum, Omega would do a complete disassembly, cleaning, replacement of anything out of spec and polishing along with a function check and pressure test where applicable.
    They also warranty their work for two years which equals or exceeds the warranty given with the watch when it was sold new as only recently did Omega begin warranting their watches for 5 years

4. In short, Omega Inc will do far more than cleaning up the case along with a gasket replacement that apparently got done to your agency retirement Seiko.

PS-The OP (Heavy Duty) certainly seems happy with my response.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Blue grey.

Two pictures because Persephone is beautiful .

Attachment 72801

Attachment 72802

Manero flyback chronograph.

A close up.
    The outer ring of the dial is a sunburst and I'm hoping the photo catches how it reflects light.
    It's a very nice, slightly retro, chronograph

Name:  IMG_4842.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  39.2 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Talk to me about Sinn, please.

I currently have quite a few Seiko divers, mostly Monsters of various types but also a few others. I think I want to order a Sinn and sell off a few of my Seikos.

This will either be a U1 or a U50. I’m a little concerned a U1 will be too big. Does anyone have a U1 or U50 and a Monster that can offer an opinion about the comparison?

Is a Tegimented watch worth it? I will be getting one on a bracelet, does the Tegimented finish help keep the bracelet cleaner?

Is Watchbuys the place for Sinn, or are other dealers recommended?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Talk to me about Sinn, please.

I currently have quite a few Seiko divers, mostly Monsters of various types but also a few others. I think I want to order a Sinn and sell off a few of my Seikos.

This will either be a U1 or a U50. I’m a little concerned a U1 will be too big. Does anyone have a U1 or U50 and a Monster that can offer an opinion about the comparison?

Is a Tegimented watch worth it? I will be getting one on a bracelet, does the Tegimented finish help keep the bracelet cleaner?

Is Watchbuys the place for Sinn, or are other dealers recommended?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1110958

Watchbuys is the only authorized dealer for Sinn in the North America, though people have often been less than happy with them. I personally didn't have any issue.

I would say just get the Tegimented for the supposed scratch resistance; better to spring for that and be disappointed rather than not get it be stuck forever wondering "what if".
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 07-22-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1110958

Watchbuys is the only authorized dealer for Sinn in the North America, though people have often been less than happy with them. I personally didn't have any issue.

I would say just get the Tegimented for the supposed scratch resistance; better to spring for that and be disappointed rather than not get it be stuck forever wondering "what if".
    Thanks for linking the post - I even commented on it at the time. Plus it was in response to questions I asked. CRS, I tell you. Maybe I need a drool cup instead.

I think a U50 is the one I want. I also think I may hold off to see if they do a blue dial version, but the black dial looks great too. It looks like availability is pretty bad right now anyways.
    Ken

Thanks for linking the post - I even commented on it at the time. Plus it was in response to questions I asked. CRS, I tell you. Maybe I need a drool cup instead.

I think a U50 is the one I want. I also think I may hold off to see if they do a blue dial version, but the black dial looks great too. It looks like availability is pretty bad right now anyways.
    Without question, the fully-tegimented model is worth the extra cash. U50 is slighty smaller dial-wise (41 vs 42) and a little thinner (11 vs 13) than a Monster but might also be heavier due to the submarine steel. I don't have a bracelet so I can't help you on that one. I'm sure they'll do a blue dial. I'd heard they were discontinuing some of the T series and they're doing a bunch of different U1 dials so it's just a matter of time. My only regret is not getting it with the SDR bezel and I can't justify the cost to buy it separately. If you do get it on an SDR and would rather have the regular, let me know. Personally, I think the SDR looks best on rubber and the regular looks best on bracelet. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 07-23-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/sinn-u50-hands-on

Solid article re the U50 above. Hoodinkees scratches the watch geek itch with its content well IMHO.

If super hardened "tegmented" steel is driving the train then Damasko is another German brand that should be on your "sonar."

It has been reported that Sinn's tegmented coating is harder than Damaskos hardened steel but Damasko's steel has the same uber hardness all the way thru v just a coating.

User Tag List