Page 242 of 373 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3729

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Not an owner but yeah thats a good looking watch and im not a tachymetre fan. How old is it?
    It’s likely born in the same year as me. And I bought it, but I’m waiting on a rubber strap

Anyone familiar with Seiko Kinetics?

Dad had a couple decent ones, probably 25-30 years old, a gold one and a black one. I tried them when he passed, they didnt stay running for me, I figured out the capacitor may need replaced, however,....Im really not a wrist watch guy. How does one figure out their value? Ive searched google but found nothing exactly like them, and values all over the map.

The chances of wearing a decent grade wrist watch is pretty low for me, I think Id probably turn them and get a nice old better grade vintage Illinois pocket watch like my Grandfather had. The last wrist watch I had (Seiko) was destroyed in a year or two, I kept having to fix it, numbers coming off the face, hands coming off, cracked the crystal a couple times, I just gave up.

Stunningly poor cell picture,

Name:  Dad watches Seiko Kinetic.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  33.1 KB
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

Dad had a couple decent ones, probably 25-30 years old, a gold one and a black one. I tried them when he passed, they didnt stay running for me, I figured out the capacitor may need replaced, however,....Im really not a wrist watch guy. How does one figure out their value? Ive searched google but found nothing exactly like them, and values all over the map.

The chances of wearing a decent grade wrist watch is pretty low for me, I think Id probably turn them and get a nice old better grade vintage Illinois pocket watch like my Grandfather had. The last wrist watch I had (Seiko) was destroyed in a year or two, I kept having to fix it, numbers coming off the face, hands coming off, cracked the crystal a couple times, I just gave up.
    I can't help you w/ fixing them up, but WatchRecon should help you get an idea of the value.

Blue grey.

Two pictures because Persephone is beautiful .

Name:  98964E36-530D-4970-917B-CDA7AE35ED51.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  4BA1F55A-1EDE-4441-9BED-D85E3785B7D5.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  39.9 KB

Manero flyback chronograph.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Name:  A11F20EC-552A-48AB-8205-BAA53BC1C338.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  45.7 KB
    A seiko I’ve had forever. I finally put it on a NATO band because I tired of looking for links for the original band. The watch has been a drawer for years.
    The Timex I recently purchased to replace a noisier Timex I had worn for years. I was looking for a basic watch that didn’t tick loudly. This one fits the bill.

Seriously considering selling several of my Seiko automatics, tossing in more money and buying a Sinn.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Seriously considering selling several of my Seiko automatics, tossing in more money and buying a Sinn.
    Fewer but better. I like the cut of your jib.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

I wore a Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay 200m for about 15years, until the capacitor gave out. It was an excellent watch. I dove with it, abused it in other ways, and it was perfect--until it wasn't. I considered having it repaired, but decided to go with a less-accurate but hopefully longer-lasting mechanical auto (Lum-Tec). I have my eye on a Sinn U50...

Name:  f3fe56a1-5098-4afe-b804-f905b0b26b96.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  36.4 KB
    Name:  07fbd669-8bed-4560-848a-66d0abf69a10.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  40.7 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Fewer but better. I like the cut of your jib.
    I went a little crazy buying Seiko automatics in my grief year. I could be happy with two or three of them and one more good watch to join my Connie.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Speaking of my Constellation… I’d like to have it cleaned up and reconditioned. It’s quartz but of immense emotional value to me since my late wife surprised me with it for our tenth anniversary decades ago. It’s steel and gold, and could use some cleanup. Does anyone have suggestions for where to go for this kind of work?
    Ken

User Tag List