Page 228 of 373 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    116400 blue z remains

White gold sub is the blue bezel.

Stainless ceramic Kermit replaces the hulk
    This I like, but I'd rather see the black and blue sub on steel. I just can't see spending the white gold money on a Rolex over other brands.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Obviously the Submariner is the big news, but I was surprised to see the rainbow of color options for the OP36. Quite edgy for sedate Rolex.

I'm also surprised that the OP39 has been replaced by the OP41. I wonder if the Explorer will be similarly upsized next year.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Rolex must have hired away the Doxa designer for the OP colour palette.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Sooo ...

The Sub gets a new movement (expected), a bigger case (why? the new movement fits inside 40mm case just fine), and aside from the gold and two tone, blue dials are gone. I like the Kermit, and probably wouldn't say no if offered, but the Hulk is the better looking sub. The old Smurf is better looking than the new one.

The Oyster Perpetual gets to be 41mm, like the Datejust, and with a bunch of weird, for Rolex, colors. Not my taste and I'm quite unsure who's it would be.

The Sky Dweller gets an Oyster Flex bracelet in its precious metal variants. I know it's very comfortable and light, but it seems tailor made for the steel tool watches, not the others.

I'm underwhelmed.

Still, I'll take the new Sub (no date) if one comes my way; I think that's the best of the lot. Second best, for me, is the OP with the 'light blue', effectively sunburst blue, dial.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I don't get overly excited about Rolex, but I think the small changes to the Sub case and bracelet are a met positive. It looks more proportional, at least to my unwashed eyes.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I don't get overly excited about Rolex, but I think the small changes to the Sub case and bracelet are a met positive. It looks more proportional, at least to my unwashed eyes.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Maybe it does and there's no way to tell until someone has one in hand.

They say that a black dial and black bezel watch makes the watch look smaller than it is, and I can say that , to me, my GMT looks bigger on the wrist than my sub even though the dimensions are the same (then again the large numerals on the GMTs bezel could be creating that effect as well).

If I get a chance at one, I'll be keeping what you said in mind.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

That ceramic Kermit is dead sexy.

They said the bracelet was remodeled but I can't tell what's different.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    That ceramic Kermit is dead sexy.

They said the bracelet was remodeled but I can't tell what's different.
    I think it's to fit with the new 41 mm case.

If you look at the old vs new Sub, you see that the lugs are bit thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I think it's to fit with the new 41 mm case.

If you look at the old vs new Sub, you see that the lugs are bit thinner.
    I knew the lugs were thinner but I wouldn't think that would effect the bracelet lug size. I could see them changing the bracelet width taper to flow better with the new lugs if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I knew the lugs were thinner but I wouldn't think that would effect the bracelet lug size. I could see them changing the bracelet width taper to flow better with the new lugs if that's what you mean.
    Rolex hate part swapping - even if the parts are yours

If only a slight tweak to the end Links would prevent you from putting a 97200 oyster bracelet Or super jubilee on the new case or trying to put the new brace on your old case, they’d do it

User Tag List