Page 214 of 373 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3729

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Speaking of ladies wristwatches...

Mrs. RJ’s sport watch (5-6 years old Citizen Ladies Dive Watch) has a big scratch in the crystal. The second hand also started running 2-4 seconds at a time. Which makes me think ok maybe time to surprise her.

She has a dress watch.

Any suggestions in the $250 range for a ladies sports watch these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Does anybody use the twirly rings or are they just fashion features?
    Oh yes.

I use mine for timing on repetitive SCUBA dives. Amongst the other things mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Speaking of ladies wristwatches...

The second hand also started running 2-4 seconds at a time.
    I don't know about a Citizen but a couple of my quartz analog watches do that to indicate a low battery.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    A well designed chronograph is an extremely useful daily tool as well.

And sadly - as much as I love the Rolex dayton heritage, the omega speedmaster is better for actual use imo

Screw down pushers on the Rollie make the timing process clunky.

Though the Speedmaster gets you only swimming pool Level water resistance (thats not its intended environ) I’ve done all sorts of messed up junk wearing one and had no issues

A good chrono is nice (and one of the coolest complications, frankly) but they are harder to read. I love the aesthetic of the Daytona, but, unless in broad daylight, I have to squint at it to tell the time (based to looking at some used ones; I've never owned a Daytona). The larger speedies are much easier to read but not as easy as a Sub.

Personally, if one doesn't need to time things to the second, a chronograph (outside the cool toy factor) isn't needed; a dive bezel will do the job just fine (or a GMT bezel if exact accuracy -or life and death danger- isn't required). Still, I really like the Speedmaster line.

P.S. A sport watch should have at least 10ATM water resistance even if it's use is not to play in the water, no matter what complications it has, IMO.

P.P.S.: Required watch thread pic.

Name:  IMG_4052.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  32.3 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I don't know about a Citizen but a couple of my quartz analog watches do that to indicate a low battery.
    That hadn’t occurred to me. It’s been in a drawer for...a few years. Being an ‘Eco Drive’ you might be right. I’ll set it out in the sun and see what happens.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So, I bought a $50 Timex a few weeks ago as a beater watch. The most strenuous thing I’ve done with it was mow the lawn on my tractor, weed whack, or go take a class and put like 750 rounds of 9mm down range. This past weekend I ran around the yard and weed whacked a bit. I came back inside and found my watch was missing something.

Attachment 56618
    Attachment 56619

This is my second Timex purchase of two in recent years that have completely and totally failed me. I won’t be buying another Timex any time soon.
    Regardless of the price I have found timex watches to be junk. I quit buying them. Spend a little more and get a japanese solar powered.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Does anybody use the twirly rings or are they just fashion features?
    Didn't, a few months back, @lwt16 show how long it took to clean a particular pistol using the bezel of his Submariner?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but my wife wants to sell her Omega Deville. What is the best place to post a watch for sale? I would prefer to avoid EBay if there are better options.
    pics?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Didn't, a few months back, @lwt16 show how long it took to clean a particular pistol using the bezel of his Submariner?
    More than likely it was a Seiko Monster.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    More than likely it was a Seiko Monster.

Regards.
    Good watch too. :-)

I have a memory of a couple of photos you, I believe, posted here. A before photo (with the dive bezel pearl level with the minute hand) and an after photo showing the time elapsed. Am I off on that?

User Tag List