Page 208 of 373 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Rolex and patek delay 2020 models

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ro...-announcements

I mean if you can’t get a 2018 gmt but want one - then who really cares about 2020 stuff ?

Odd place Rolex have put themselves in.

I’d count myself in the most fervent of supporters. Got money to spend.

Yet somehow they’ve made me sort of not care ?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I mean if you can’t get a 2018 gmt but want one - then who really cares about 2020 stuff ?

Exactly.

I had a no-date Submariner and a GMT Master when I was on active duty. The Sub started losing 15 minutes a day after I banged it into something inside a C-130 on my way out the door during a night jump. That fucked up a lot of things once I got on the ground before I realized the problem and stopped relying on what was now just a very expensive bracelet. I returned it to Rolex via the AD in Fayetteville and the repair took nine months. The GMT Master's entire stem came out in my hand while I was adjusting the date one day. It only took Venus Jewelers in Bangkok two months to square that one away.

I'd buy another Rolex now that I'm in a more sedate line of work, but prices and wait times are just ridiculous.

I loved owning their watches and I wish them the best but I'm out of the Rolex game.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I've tried every trick in the book when it comes to un-smelling my NATOs. In the end, I'd buy a new one every month. For the 5513, it won't be much of a problem as I don't intend to wear it that often

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I'd really love it if they were able to catch up on production. I'd like to snag a Batman on jubilee and a polar Explorer II.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

While digging through the files for another pic for another thread, I found this one, from the days when I spent more on watches and knives, than guns and vitamin C. Made me think of @blues. And @SouthNarc. SAS Air, Omega 2254.50 and Poltergeist "Empathy."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love the Omega!

Lawrence of Arabia's Omega

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I had sworn off buying new watches because I was satisfied with my G shock for physical work and my citizen eco drives for social occasions. I have retired my Seiko 007 because I did not wear it enough to keep it powered and I grew tired of resetting it. But then I saw a new Seiko online.
    Dive watch- check-
    tuna can style- check-
    Solar - check
    Has digital time and analog time like Arnold’s in Commando?
    Ding- Ding - Ding
    We have a winner!! My new retro Arnold/ 80s watch
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]53497[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting TAD/Sangin collaboration just announced. Solar powered quartz movement. Not my thing but thought I'd share for those who are fans of the brands.

TAD Gear/Sangin Merlin

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

^^^^ I was prepared not to like it, but the more I looked, the more I think that is really slick.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List