Page 205 of 375 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Bertucci watches? I was looking at “retiring” my grandfather’s Timex Expedition for weekend/beater use that I inherited for something relatively inexpensive yet durable, light, easy to wear, and something that could be modestly dressed up in a pinch.

I was specifically looking at either the A-1s or the A-2s. Given their longer than average lug to lug length, I wasn’t sure which case size might be appropriate/comfortable.
    I wore one for years in an industrial maintenance environment. They are a good watch but if you are going to go with a battery watch I would get one with the longest battery life. An improperly done battery change is what killed mine. (Water leakage) They also have a refurb section on their website that can save you money.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I wore one for years in an industrial maintenance environment. They are a good watch but if you are going to go with a battery watch I would get one with the longest battery life. An improperly done battery change is what killed mine. (Water leakage) They also have a refurb section on their website that can save you money.
    I’m not a huge watch hobbyist at this point, but I may very well be down the line. Until I start getting comfortable with dipping my toe into doing my own watch maintenance I’ll let the watch repair be handled by the local pros.

Looking at the lug design, I really need to figure out my actual wrist size so I can figure out if the A-1s is going to be a problem or if the A-2s is going to be a better fit.

I’m not a huge watch hobbyist at this point, but I may very well be down the line. Until I start getting comfortable with dipping my toe into doing my own watch maintenance I’ll let the watch repair be handled by the local pros.

Looking at the lug design, I really need to figure out my actual wrist size so I can figure out if the A-1s is going to be a problem or if the A-2s is going to be a better fit.
    How many inches around is your wrist?

How many inches around is your wrist?
    Not huge, much like my hands. Approximately 6.75”

Not huge, much like my hands. Approximately 6.75”
    I guess it depends on your taste. I believe the one I had was the A1 and I have 7 5/8 wrist. It did look a bit small but I got it because it had dial illumination. I think the A 1 or the A2 would be a good size. Maybe you could order both and return one. Amazon has them so returns are hassle free.

I guess it depends on your taste. I believe the one I had was the A1 and I have 7 5/8 wrist. It did look a bit small but I got it because it had dial illumination. I think the A 1 or the A2 would be a good size. Maybe you could order both and return one. Amazon has them so returns are hassle free.
    My initial thought was to do the A-1s, I’m just trying to make sure that, with the way the lugs curve down, they aren’t digging into my wrist.

I’m wearing a whatever blue dial Fossil casual/dress watch. Just busted out the calipers. It’s a 42mm case with 48mm lug to lug. That fits pretty darn well on the wrist for me, so I’m guessing, by going over the dimensions listed on their site, the A-1s might be the best all around fit for me.

My initial thought was to do the A-1s, I’m just trying to make sure that, with the way the lugs curve down, they aren’t digging into my wrist.

I’m wearing a whatever blue dial Fossil casual/dress watch. Just busted out the calipers. It’s a 42mm case with 48mm lug to lug. That fits pretty darn well on the wrist for me, so I’m guessing, by going over the dimensions listed on their site, the A-1s might be the best all around fit for me.
    Look forward to the pics. I know the lugs never caused me a problem. Unfortunately i tossed mine because it cost almost as much to send it back in as to buy another. I went through a cheap timex phase after that then ended up with a citizen eco drive which I really like so far.

Look forward to the pics. I know the lugs never caused me a problem. Unfortunately i tossed mine because it cost almost as much to send it back in as to buy another. I went through a cheap timex phase after that then ended up with a citizen eco drive which I really like so far.
    So...would I be wasting my time with it?

So...would I be wasting my time with it?
    No. I think its a good watch. A jeweler caused the water issues by improperly changing the battery.
    I was in a very abusive environment. The way the case is made its above the glass so it really protects it. The only damage the glass ever had on mine was from weld splatter.
    The drawbacks for me were battery life and the dial was small in relation to the case.
    But on the battery issue mine had illumination which shortened the battery life. I needed that feature to check time when i woke up without using my phone.
    Even though the eco drive I have now will never need a battery change they recommend having the seals replaced every three years. Thats not happening on a hundred dollar watch.
    The other plus on my eco drive is that on my model I can see the time with the lume all night long. For my personal preference i prefer the one I have now because the dial is much larger in relation to case size, all night lume and no battery changes. And im no longer in that industrial environment so i dont need the ruggedness of the a1.

No. I think its a good watch. A jeweler caused the water issues by improperly changing the battery.
    I was in a very abusive environment. The way the case is made its above the glass so it really protects it. The only damage the glass ever had on mine was from weld splatter.
    The drawbacks for me were battery life and the dial was small in relation to the case.
    But on the battery issue mine had illumination which shortened the battery life. I needed that feature to check time when i woke up without using my phone.
    Even though the eco drive I have now will never need a battery change they recommend having the seals replaced every three years. Thats not happening on a hundred dollar watch.
    The other plus on my eco drive is that on my model I can see the time with the lume all night long. For my personal preference i prefer the one I have now because the dial is much larger in relation to case size, all night lume and no battery changes. And im no longer in that industrial environment so i dont need the ruggedness of the a1.
    Gotcha, fair enough. Yeah, I just need a good, rugged, lightweight, slim, and decent enough looking watch that I can use as a beater, but also dress up in a pinch if I need to. These seem to fit that bill with the strap options.

User Tag List