Page 200 of 373 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3730

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Swiss Military watch $99.99

At Joma today code is about to expire soon.

https://www.jomashop.com/swiss-milit...e-nosto-4-copy

EXTRA $80 OFF W/ CODE "HDSW80" - TOTAL: $99.99

Variety of few different styles Good simple Ronda 515 movement.

Simong.
    Last edited by Simong; 12-23-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Attachment 46314Attachment 46315
    Only gripe in eight years is the second hand no longer indexes to the 12 o’cl Pos when in the start position. It’s at the 3 second position.
    For most quartz movements this can be adjusted. On my examples in the past , one would pull the crown to the “stop” position and press the top button until the chrono seconds hand is back to center. Consult the manual on yours for specifics.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    wait until you find out about Damasko
    they also do the whole "overbuilt Teutonic tool watch" thing
    Damasko DA37. Easy to read 24/7. Full lumed dial, ice hardened case, crown stem lube system, anti magnetic cage. ~$80 more than a Sinn 556 which has none of those things.

Name:  20191224_083107.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  47.8 KB
    Adam

Site Supporter
    SLIGHT THREAD DRIFT-SERIOUSLY WATCH RELATED-NEXT LEVEL WATCH STUFF

I am an admitted watch geek. If I did not have two kids in college after having the same two kids in private school from k-12 I am sure I would have many more and much nicer watches.

I am a near daily reader of the "watch and wound" and "hoodinkee" blogs re watches. There I stumbled across this link to

https://collectability.com/community/horology_ancienne/

The "owner" of collectability used to be the king of watches at Christie's Auction House before retiring. He now is running the "collectabilty" site focusing primarily Patek Phillipe and other upscale watches.

He just interviewed the father/son instagram team at horology_ancienne.
    https://www.instagram.com/horology_ancienne/?hl=en

This team is clearly super involved in the watch business on an international level but choose to post on IG anon. The are writing quite frankly re what Rolex is doing to the market re pricing/availability and how that may impact the next generation of passionate collectors... the same type of people who saved the automatic watch industry in the early 80's, after the 2008/089 slowdown and in the near present given the proliferation of the smart watch.

To paraphrase: "Perhaps one cannot expect the grocery to have dragon fruit...but they damn sure ought not to be always be out of tomatoes"--- re the unavailability of Rolex Stainless Sport watches from authorized dealers etc.

Really great photos of their collection which is Patek Phillipe centric but has many other watches in it with great stories etc.

If you are or want to be a watch geek- please graciously accept these link as my Christmas present to you.

FWIW/YMMV

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    For most quartz movements this can be adjusted. On my examples in the past , one would pull the crown to the “stop” position and press the top button until the chrono seconds hand is back to center. Consult the manual on yours for specifics.
    See, that’s why I love this forum!! Thanks so much for this tip. Totally works.

Nowhere near the caliber of many on this thread but it suits my needs. From Amazon at $101. Online warranty registration bumps it to a six year warranty. The best part is the lume is visible enough to tell time in a completely dark bedroom when i wake up. A few here have posted how well the eco drives have performed for them over time. Hope this one holds up as well.
    Name:  3C5C3D80-5E6B-4EC6-8AA5-E74078F5169D.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  40.6 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Nowhere near the caliber...
    Name:  What you did.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  50.8 KB

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    SLIGHT THREAD DRIFT-SERIOUSLY WATCH RELATED-NEXT LEVEL WATCH STUFF

I am an admitted watch geek. If I did not have two kids in college after having the same two kids in private school from k-12 I am sure I would have many more and much nicer watches.

I am a near daily reader of the "watch and wound" and "hoodinkee" blogs re watches. There I stumbled across this link to

https://collectability.com/community/horology_ancienne/

The "owner" of collectability used to be the king of watches at Christie's Auction House before retiring. He now is running the "collectabilty" site focusing primarily Patek Phillipe and other upscale watches.

He just interviewed the father/son instagram team at horology_ancienne.
    https://www.instagram.com/horology_ancienne/?hl=en

This team is clearly super involved in the watch business on an international level but choose to post on IG anon. The are writing quite frankly re what Rolex is doing to the market re pricing/availability and how that may impact the next generation of passionate collectors... the same type of people who saved the automatic watch industry in the early 80's, after the 2008/089 slowdown and in the near present given the proliferation of the smart watch.

To paraphrase: "Perhaps one cannot expect the grocery to have dragon fruit...but they damn sure ought not to be always be out of tomatoes"--- re the unavailability of Rolex Stainless Sport watches from authorized dealers etc.

Really great photos of their collection which is Patek Phillipe centric but has many other watches in it with great stories etc.

If you are or want to be a watch geek- please graciously accept these link as my Christmas present to you.

FWIW/YMMV
    In every brand there is a potential to "geek out" and there is no lack of people trying to make a lot of money off of very niche types of watches. Patek, Rolex and a small block of AP's are almost exclusively filling that niche though, its almost like a person can get a PhD in Rolex history and specialize only in the Rolex brand while making a decent living, especially if you know where to look for what models and how much they are worth.

While you may know this, I wanted to post for others benefit, the watch game is broken up into four main sections. The top end (patek, AP, the glasshuttes/etc, UN, etc etc), the popular end (Rolex and the like), the middle class affordable luxury end (low end Rolex, Omega, tudor, etc - mostly under the $7.5k range) and the low end (mostly under $2500, and especially under $450). Each section can be broken into other subsections but that's what it mostly is. Every section has a niche (like the really rare Casio's and Seiko's) to the ultra-collectible and nearly impossible to source "vintage" sector of the top end and popular end (think late 40's Panerai, Steve McQueen Daytona and Sub models, original moonwatch, etc). Some guys really specialize in these and have the ability to source them as needed.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Got my first automatic for Christmas, a Seiko SRPD51. Nothing too particularly special, but I like it and it wears well on my wrist.

Name:  C4B7CBA9-D034-4401-B544-E5506EC5E372.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  39.7 KB

Site Supporter
    I was just looking at that watch last night. I'm tempted to get one.

User Tag List