Page 2 of 366 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

I recieved this watch from my parents for graduating with my bachelor degree in chemistry back in December.

Seiko Courtura

I would like to pick up a luminox in the future.

NickDrak,

Same photography question to you. Awesome macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven C. View Post
    Todd- What band is that on the Suunto Core. I have that model and just broke the second band.

Not saying I am going to rip-off your creation, but I like the style.

Best,
    Steve
    Thanks, and thanks for the link.

-SC

Site Supporter

My latest and greatest.......

Got this one recently. For the price point, it's not bad.

Seiko 5 NEO Monster (aka "The Baby Monster"). Thus far, I've been pleased with it. Very comfortable to wear, doesn't pull arm hairs despite having a bracelet (I've had a few other brands that would pull arm hair....kinda painful ). The Lume is pretty good on it too. I went looking for a regular Monster, and I stumbled onto this one.

I also dig Citizens Eco Drive as well (got a thinner one with the rubber strap on it with titanium case...can't remember what model), and I've got a tough solar from Casio that I wear a good bit too (I doubt I'll ever wear a battery powered watch again....I'm not handy enough to change the batteries ). I do want to get a Sinn U1 at some point (love the looks, and from what I've heard, they're pretty tough watches)
    -Jon
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown44 View Post
    NickDrak,

Same photography question to you. Awesome macro.
    Actually, that pic was taken with a Nikon CoolPix point-n-shoot camera. I have no idea about the settings.

My current wristwatch is your everyday Casio G-Shock Classic DW5600. Haven't had it for too long, but its awesome. Have a small snap on compass on the band that has taken its fair share of beatings and held up nicely. Can't do much better for about $35 combined

Todd,

The Kobold is bad azz, wish it were mine.

Tissot PRC

Casio G-Shock

Last edited by #08-76; 02-28-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Well, some people sing, it sounds like they're screaming. I used to doubt it, but now I believe it.

Love the Suunto Core. Need to pick one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    My current wristwatch is your everyday Casio G-Shock Classic DW5600. Haven't had it for too long, but its awesome. Have a small snap on compass on the band that has taken its fair share of beatings and held up nicely. Can't do much better for about $35 combined

Don't feel bad, here is my lowly Swatch. It's beaten up but 100% reliable and I'm happy.

I am not up to speed on those fine timepieces but I too had a fling with quality. Rolex GMT Master at the PX for $350 back then (1975) and I bought a Rolex Submariner as well when a fellow soldier was heading home and needed money.

Both were stolen some time ago and I have a small collection of Timex's stashed around the house for when I forget to put one of them on.

User Tag List