Page 189 of 375 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My wife gave me this as a gift the other day. I really like the colors, styling, and how it wears!

Name:  7E0758F7-6411-4DBF-B283-5EB681C96DAC.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  975CB062-2C37-4969-82CA-B8C8305BA2EA.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  72.8 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

My EDC

Name:  20190827_002741.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  56.5 KB

Thank God I had the presence of mind to purchase the Omega earlier the same year I decided to pull the plug...

Name:  Scan_016.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  90.5 KB

Name:  Homeland Security Watch.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  54.3 KB

(Can you say pot metal?)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Can ladies play, too?
    A couple of Concords
    Name:  1834A4A5-0DE7-45BE-88F9-7E38AA10BE47.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  33.6 KBName:  2FDF4B1A-B8BB-4A7A-9ED7-401C708EEB1C.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  30.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I just cased the movement, but still need to trim the stem and attach it to the crown.

It started out life as a Seiko SNK805 I got dirt cheap off of Amazon a couple years ago. I didn't like the face or strap, but love automatic watches and liked the size (37mm). Shortly after I got it, I replaced the crystal with a domed sapphire. Next was a new strap (and it has seen several different ones since). Next up was a new dial and hands, making it vaguely Sinn'ish. I wore it that way for a while, but decided I didn't like the look. Also, it had a problem with random stops. It would be working fine, then I'd look down at it and notice it had stopped at some point. A tap on the crystal would set it going again. I figure I damaged it when replacing the dial and hands. Sometimes it would go days or weeks without an issue, other days it would stop multiple times a day. Meh. OK, I always wanted a hand-winding and hacking movement, so I found an NH35 movement on eBay and snapped it up. In the meantime, my favorite watch parts vendor, AjuiceT.com, released a couple new dials. I impulse purchased a dark blue sunburst dial to use with the SNK805's original hands. Just after I received my new dial, he put another one on his site that I liked even more, a mint green version. So, I ordered it.

That is the one I installed. I like the unique look and how nobody else will have one like it. It has good lume and a nice clean look. Unfortunately I managed to scratch the 31sec hash. Had I not installed the hands already, I would remove all of them for a cleaner look. Maybe some other day...

It has been running on my desk in a movement holder with just a few turns of the stem to hand-wind it daily. During that time, about a week, it seemed to keep accurate time. I have high hopes for this one.

The straps are Barton QR Canvas in grey. They're very comfortable and easy to switch out. I have two sets for my SKX009.

Behold my creation's crappy picture!

Attachment 40242

Chris
    I finally got around to finishing it. I've been wearing it for 10 days now and it's only 30seconds slow after syncing with Time.Gov. When I'm not wearing it, it lives on a watch winder. I've only manually wound it once since finishing it and that was to get it running. I know that's not a proper test of accuracy, but it's good enough for my needs.

I'm not 100% happy with the strap, but until I find something better, it'll have to do.

My kids think it's cool I put my own watch together. It's the only one they've noticed.

Name:  watch.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  57.8 KB

Chris

Perfect set of daily wear pieces

Name:  3BFB6A14-9CD4-4602-8D95-E18BB8F2283C.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Perfect set of daily wear pieces
    Wore my Air-King yesterday.
    It's the perfect low profile Rolex.
    Funny how in pictures it looks like it'd be really bright with its yellow and green accents but on the wrist it's so low key.

Old pic:
    Attachment 42817
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-21-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Wore my Air-King yesterday.
    It's the perfect low profile Rolex.
    Funny how in pictures it looks like it'd be really bright with its yellow and green accents but on the wrist it's so low key.

Old pic:
    Attachment 42817
    Fully concur. I’d buy that reference too if I didn’t have the green fully covered with the 116400GV and hulk.

Also at a certain time of day your hour hand blocks air king into “fucking”. Which is 69% cooler than if it didn’t
    Last edited by Duke; 09-21-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Today is my blacked out Breitling. I haven't worn it in a few months and decided it needed a few days of exercise.

Attachment 42819
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List