Page 153 of 375 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I talked myself out of buying one of those last year (or the year before, time flies...) but I went and looked at WatchBuys and they are still available. If I had a "extra" $2230, I'd order one right now.

While I was there, I noticed the 857 wall clock:

Attachment 24229

I don't need a $430 quartz wall clock, but I still think it's cool (and still really want it).
    But does the bezel rotate. It will be baller as hell timing everyday tasks with a 15 inch rotating bezel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Attachment 24229

I don't need a $430 quartz wall clock, but I still think it's cool (and still really want it).
    I want to see it around Flavor Flav's neck.

Chris

While I was there, I noticed the 857 wall clock:

Attachment 24229

Please stop spending my money.

Site Supporter
    So, the other day a the Seiko SNK805 Flieger-style watch I've been mulling over dropped below $53. At that price, I pretty much had to buy it. Now, I'm not crazy about the face (too busy) or the color, but these watches are the Glock 19 of the watch world. They re infinitely moddable and parts are everywhere. They use the same movement (7s26) as Seiko's entry level diver watches (SKX007/009 for example) and the same size dial (28.5mm). The dial looks smaller because it lacks the ginormous chapter ring that the dive watches sport, but the dial itself is the same.

I was going with a Sinn 556a-style build, but decided that might be a bit cluttered, especially if I use the Sinn-style hands. Instead, I think I'm going to go in a Rolex Adventurer direction using this dial. I've already ordered the double-domed AR-coated sapphire crystal (the Rolex uses flat crystals, but I prefer the look of the domed ones). For hands, I think I'm going to stick with the factory hour and minute hands, but may change the second hand to a completely red, orange, or yellow one for better visibility. To finish it off, I'm going to find a nice black leather band, something padded with contrast stitching.

As for the watch in its current configuration, it's a good wearing watch for my frame. It doesn't dominate my wrist, nor does it catch on my cuff. It practically disappears while I wear it. The automatic-wind rotor is a bit noisier than I recall from my Orange Monster, but not so much I'm bothered by it. It's a nice watch for the money. I wouldn't pay the $195 MSRP, but it's worth at least the $55 (after tax) price I paid.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Worn by COL Paul Tibbets while he nuked Hiroshima:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^ Serious question : Is that yours?

Less serious question : why is it not glowing?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just received this Sinn EZM 3F on OEM silicon yesterday. Didn't think I'd like the strap, but it's very comfy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ^^^^^ Serious question : Is that yours?

Less serious question : why is it not glowing?
    No, not mine. It’s on display at the National WWII museum in New Orleans, next to his eerily prosaic flight record from August 1945.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The new Baselworld 2018 watches are going to be bad for my wallet. Omega revived the wave dial 300M Seamaster in homage to the 25th anniversary of the 1993 model (made famous in Goldeneye) and it is beautiful. Rolex brought back the Pepsi GMT II in steel - highly anticipated and certainly not unexpected - but unfortunately the price (and wait) continue to climb. But the biggest surprise was Tudor releasing a Black Bay GMT - in Pepsi colors! I expect the latter will sell like crazy, and I may well take a hard look.

New Omega 300M Seamaster

New Rolex GMT II "Pepsi"

New Tudor Black Bay GMT
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Been enjoying this one more than I expected too. Picked it up on a whim locally. No box, no papers, and unknown service history...also cheap. Found it at a local, trusted jewler who agreed to send it off to an Omega service center and have it overhauled. Running ~+2 seconds per day since it came back.

It's the Omega Speedmaster Automatic, reference 3510.50 (aka Speedmaster Reduced). It's quite a bit smaller than the Speedmaster Professional, which is good for my child-like wrists. I'm not a big Omega guy anyway, and the Speedy Pro looks cartoonish on me. This one works well.

User Tag List