Page 13 of 375 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Sweet baby Jesus...

You guys suck.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Stop it. Stop it now!

The founder of Sinn, Helmut Sinn, is offering choice pieces of his private collection for sale.

http://helmut-sinn.com/

No guns were available to pose with my cheap Seiko that I put a new band on so I used a calculator worth more than said Seiko.

Love the NATO/Zulu strap or whichever one it is, not sure why all of my watches don't have one. Watch is nice as well, it is no Sinn or Omega though, I am on the hunt for a similar style "nice" watch. Digging the Resco's and we have an Omega store in the mall that I drool at time and again.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    My first Omega had problems, too. My second (PO) has been fantastic, though.

I'm with you on the Sinn obsession. I just wish they made more watches with a 12hr "GMT" hand like my 757. I can't imagine living without it now.
    Read somewhere that Sinn's gmt design is not as user friendly as on Omega or Rolex. Any truth to that, or just user preference? Second time zone is an absolute must for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Second time zone is an absolute must for me.
    I like my Citizen Blue Angel when I travel or need multiple time zones.
    Ditched the bracelet for silicone. It's multi-alarm too..

Do you guys get this too?

Me: Hey soandso, check out the new watch I just got.
    Them: You still wear a watch? Why?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Read somewhere that Sinn's gmt design is not as user friendly as on Omega or Rolex. Any truth to that, or just user preference? Second time zone is an absolute must for me.
    Depends.

Most Sinn UTC watches use an extra 24h hour hand that you set in one hour jumps from the main time. So if you want to know what time it is in the second time zone, you need to think in military time.

The 757 uses a second 12h hour hand, and so it's just a matter of reading the yellow skeletonized hand instead of the solid white one.

The typical Omega/Rolex GMT mechanism actually allows you to jump the main (normal) hour hand in one hour increments, so you always just read time as always. Many people prefer this if they themselves are changing time zone often. The other system is often preferred by people who need to keep track of a distant time zone.

The unusual way the 757 does it provides the benefits of both so long as you can keep track of AM/PM in your head.

My Kobold Polar Surveyor Tactical has the genetic 24h jump hand and an additional complication, a 24h subdial that tracks day/night for when you may be somewhere like the poles where you cannot rely on the sun's presence to determine whether it's AM or PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You know you want it...
    If you'll spot me .25 on the FAST i'll order one today.

Actually, the Sinn will be my reward for getting a coin.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    If you'll spot me .25 on the FAST i'll order one today.
    I'd never do it and you would never let me if I wanted to. But I like the reward to self idea!

User Tag List