Page 110 of 372 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3720

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    To those who just picked up a Deep Blue, how are they working out? Quality comparable with their Seiko counterparts?
    I like mine enough that I ordered a second over the weekend, a Master 1000. IMO these NATO divers are "upgraded" Seiko SKXs due to the automatic movement (which is Seiko) and the sapphire crystal. I also like the larger size as I'm 6'4" and 196#. The original SKX was a little too small for me.

I think they are worth the $ at 40% off but I don't think they're worth retail. I usually wear a Suunto most days so these are more for "going out". Also, I won't panic if they get some scratches/wear on them. Kinda like my Glocks...

A few shots of my older Kemmner Octopus 2000M Diver. I like the black on black markings and the lume is awesome. Definitely a tool watch.

Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Finally got something worth adding. Just waiting on the bracelet
    Last edited by Jesting Devil; 08-01-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    I like mine enough that I ordered a second over the weekend, a Master 1000. IMO these NATO divers are "upgraded" Seiko SKXs due to the automatic movement (which is Seiko) and the sapphire crystal. I also like the larger size as I'm 6'4" and 196#. The original SKX was a little too small for me.

I think they are worth the $ at 40% off but I don't think they're worth retail. I usually wear a Suunto most days so these are more for "going out". Also, I won't panic if they get some scratches/wear on them. Kinda like my Glocks...
    Pretty much exactly my read on it. I usually wear a G-shock for these duties but it's nice to have a mechanical watch that looks attractive but didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I wore mine for snorkeling, boating, swimming, and logging this weekend. I'm not sure what I would do in that period that would prove its worth but I don't have any regrets about my purchase, I'll put it that way. So far my only complaint is that the NATO strap is a little small for me but now that I'm back in the city I'll swap it out. I just didn't have time before I left Thursday night.

The bezel is sure nicely done and the clicks are extremely positive. Alignment seems very accurate. I'll set it to a reference time now and check it in a few days...I got it close on Thursday but there's no point in extreme precision timing over on the island so I didn't do anything to try to ascertain the accuracy of the movement.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Sinn U1 SDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    A few shots of my older Kemmner Octopus 2000M Diver. I like the black on black markings and the lume is awesome. Definitely a tool watch.

Great watch, i have same one on the bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    They're using a seiko movement so there's evidently some kind of business relationship but beyond OEMing parts I have no idea.

My guess is that Deep Blue pretty much decided to build an upgraded 007, and did so betting that it would sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    The skx007/009 has recently been discontinued. And so they made an 'homage' to a $150 watch.

Which turned out to be genius.

Lol
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Here is my Mercer Privateer. Mercer is a microbrand based in New Jersey. The Privateer, their take on a marine chronometer, (shipboard clock) was their I believe 2nd Kickstarter campaign for their 2nd watch.

Has a miyota 8xxx series movement that doesn't hack, but handwinds. I dig it.

If you google the hamilton Khaki Navy, you can see it was probably a pretty clear inspiration..

Last edited by fuse; 08-12-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Here is my Mercer Privateer. Mercer is a microbrand based in New Jersey. The Privateer, their take on a marine chronometer, (shipboard clock) was their I believe 2nd Kickstarter campaign for their 2nd watch.
    The offset second hand at 4:30 is pretty cool. I've only ever seen those at 6:00

User Tag List