Page 11 of 366 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanM View Post
    Looks like 6 seconds :P
    LOL. Uh, duh?

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    The retro future watches look too busy for me. I'm seriously lusting over the OrientStar Retrograde. Unfortunately, OrientUSA doesn't sell them, so I'd have to pay full price from Japan. Looks like they run about $700. I'm not sure if it's too fancy for everyday though. In a totally different direction, I'm also liking the Suunto Core, other than its giant size.
    I also have an Orient Blue Mako automatic diver that looks really nice for around $200. Its a bit scratched up and beat to hell, but still cleans up well and keeps time better than my brothers Rolex Explorer II.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-15-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Casio G-shock waveceptor/tough solar GW-002KA. Too ugly to post a picture, I would have to team it up with a high-point or some kind of jewel encrusted cartel gun.
    I dig the atomic clock re-sync and solar power.

I just ordered a black mako from amazon for $100. Thanks to amazon crack^h^h^h^h^hprime, it'll be here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will hold me over for a while, but I'm afraid it could be the start of another addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    I just ordered a black mako from amazon for $100. Thanks to amazon crack^h^h^h^h^hprime, it'll be here tomorrow. I'm hoping this will hold me over for a while, but I'm afraid it could be the start of another addiction.
    Automatic watches are addicting.
    There's just something cool about have a little self powered machine on your wrist.
    It all starts with a $100 Orient.
    Then a $500 watch, then you find yourself looking at Sinn, Ball...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My delicate wrist sports a Citizen Eco-Drive, an $87 purchase on Amazon to test the waters of wearing a watch.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/Engl...ber=BM8180-03E

Alas, my wrist doesn't mind, but my wallet does. I lust for an Orient Futura Calendera automatic...
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    My delicate wrist sports a Citizen Eco-Drive, an $87 purchase on Amazon to test the waters of wearing a watch.

Alas, my wrist doesn't mind, but my wallet does.
    cant beat $87, thats a nice looking watch. i keep seeing watches i like, maybe i should stop viewing threads like these.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Casio G-shock waveceptor/tough solar GW-002KA. Too ugly to post a picture, I would have to team it up with a high-point or some kind of jewel encrusted cartel gun.
    I dig the atomic clock re-sync and solar power.
    A few years ago, I picked up GW-1500A. Definitely something nice about waking up on a daylight savings Sunday and having one less clock to reset.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

It's not a great photo, but I figured I'd join the fun with my new Orient. Thanks to the posters here, especially JodyH for helping me change my heathen ways.

Seiko Seaurchin: Asian market only, when I bought mine 3 years ago it was $129 on eBay. Really nice watches. The US market Seikos at the same (or even higher) price point usually have folded link bracelets and silkscreened faces.

And a pile of g-shocks:

User Tag List