Page 101 of 366 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    ^^^ A "longer" dive, even if accidental, will push you to a higher pressure group. This is safer, since it will tend to over state the amount of residual nitrogen in your tissues. This will in turn lead to a longer surface interval and hence a more conservative dive profile on a succeeding dive.

But I get what you are saying. Nobody would use a Dive Table slate these days. Sigh.

Rich
    PADI DM-55958.

PS I only used my Rolex on ONE dive; on The Wall off Seven Mile Beach In Cayman. At 124', that was probably a bad idea. But heck that was a while ago.

I get the safer in theory, but to me acccurate is safer. Also, with the cost of dives these days you really don't want a faulty bezel to cost you even ¼ of a tank.

I never dive without a watch, but then again I even sleep with one, so there is that.

DM 371925
    Last edited by LostDuke; 06-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Just as an observation, it would sure be nice if the watch manufacturers would offer a tool on their websites that let you select features and then they would list watches that qualify. I find both Casio's and Seiko's sites confusing and frustrating.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Just as an observation, it would sure be nice if the watch manufacturers would offer a tool on their websites that let you select features and then they would list watches that qualify. I find both Casio's and Seiko's sites confusing and frustrating.
    Amen.

Trying to pick out a G-shock only slightly less confusing that deciphering the ASME boiler & pressure vessel codes.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I know it's not what you are looking for, but given the things you say you want (quartz, battery that doesn't suck, 24-hour time, day and date display, and easy timer access), I'd suggest one of the Casio GW9400 variants. It's solar (no battery issues, for the most part), radio controlled atomic timekeeping (always accurate and does DST changes automatically), can be set to 24-hour mode, displays day and date on the main screen, and has a direct access to the stopwatch from the timekeeping mode. It's currently $214 on Amazon.

Attachment 8486
    Thanks. I am currently wearing a G Shock, just hoped an analog face was available. The crappy $16 Casio has the features, they just don't work. Was hoping someone else made similar.

I found a few options that would make me give up the day, which is my least necessary feature, so I may go that route. That brings me solidly into Luminox territory. In that class, is there something different/better I should be looking at?
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Not quartz, but other than that, this appears to be very close to what you want:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-MOD-AU...-/231974631236
    And they come in pre-made in PF colors:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-MOD-AU...-/331857943350

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  33.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    And they come in pre-made in PF colors:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEIKO-MOD-AU...-/331857943350

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  33.4 KB
    That is pretty slick. I've had a hard time keeping automatics running (and never owned enough or nice enough ones to buy a winder), but I might step back into one and try one of these pre mod ones out.

Edit- Did a bit more reading, looks like these are bargain (old) movements they refurbish and sell. Warranty is through them as it sounds most of the parts have been replaced. They offer a "+/-" 5 minute per day change. My other Seiko's never did that. I think I'll pass on this particular vendor, but the idea of buying a newer sample and having it modded is a possibility. Dazag makes a bezel that would work for me.
    Last edited by Tom Fineis; 06-12-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    That is pretty slick. I've had a hard time keeping automatics running (and never owned enough or nice enough ones to buy a winder), but I might step back into one and try one of these pre mod ones out.
    Edit- Did a bit more reading, looks like these are bargain (old) movements they refurbish and sell. Warranty is through them as it sounds most of the parts have been replaced. They offer a "+/-" 5 minute per day change. My other Seiko's never did that. I think I'll pass on this particular vendor, but the idea of buying a newer sample and having it modded is a possibility. Dazag makes a bezel that would work for me.
    That doesn't surprise me at all. I was just joking around about the color scheme.

But if you aren't set on having a bezel (which I could see the usefulness of in EMS), I can vouch for Citizen and the Eco-Drive (solar) line. The Citizen AW0040 model meets all your other requirements: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...Citizen+AW0040

Name:  Citizen AW0040 models.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  75.8 KB

Tom, I found one... I didn't think such a beast existed, but it does!!

Name:  -56879_59.95_.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  58.8 KB

https://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Watch-.../dp/B00793UFA6

No idea on if it's nice or crap, but for <$50 couldn't really hurt to find out.
    Last edited by Dropkick; 06-13-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Been a spendy trip so far.....

User Tag List