Page 360 of 375 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    ** WARNING - P-F THREAD DRIFT **

Are you able to keep both Apple Watches linked to your phone? (The Ultra and the Series 7 you use for sleep).
    That would be an intriguing option, as I can see a use for each…. My Series 7 is becoming prone to dying before bedtime if I use it for a workout while streaming a podcast in the morning. But I like it’s slim design for casual wear around the house, or while doing things that might damage a larger, more expensive watch like I wear to fly.
    I am, each pair's up w/ the iPhone when I put it on & enter my numeric PW.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Nice. That’s the one that got away- I ended up getting the Khaki Pilot GMT instead.

Would have gone great with this…

Name:  72961916035__88A5E1F1-DAEC-4D59-82A8-4DFA2920E361.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  30.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Nice. That’s the one that got away- I ended up getting the Khaki Pilot GMT instead.

Nice. That's my next one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Orient M Force, tough affordable automatic watch. But no lightweight.

Seiko Tuna solar powered, for quartz solar is the best way to go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post

I hate how bad this thread gives me the wantsies...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I previously wanted to get a sapphire dome and coin bezel on a watch - stumbled across this with those features, and a Seiko GMT movement on the inside for the same price as parts/tools to modify the other watch.

GMT set for taccon.

Me and leather straps don't get along, so I went with a cheap NATO and like it.

Name:  IMG_0724.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  41.1 KB

Shot in the dark for the watch literate out there:

Can anyone recommend a high quality DIY watch building kit? This'd be a gift for someone who loves that kind of thing and there are many out there but I can't separate the wheat from the chaff...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Shot in the dark for the watch literate out there:

Can anyone recommend a high quality DIY watch building kit? This'd be a gift for someone who loves that kind of thing and there are many out there but I can't separate the wheat from the chaff...
    I have no personal experience with this, but what little I have read seems good. I would like to try one of the kits myself at one point.

https://diywatch.club/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Recently acquired one of these:

https://www.orientwatchusa.com/colle.../ra-aa0820r19b

The red dial is a brighter red than shown in the photo.

Lume is long lasting. if you try to look at it with non-dark adjusted eyes, you will not be impressed. However, with dark-adjusted eyes, it is visible for at least 5-6 hours after halfway decent exposure to light.

When I bought the watch, it was running a very consistent +15 to +17 seconds per day. The specification on the movement is -15 to +25 seconds/day, which is the best you will see without spending at least 4 figures on a mechanical watch. I was able to adjust the timing following this video after buying this timegrapher:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008O9VWHY...0_TE_simp_item

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL0rm4ljiDg

After adjustment, the watch is running about +7.6 seconds/day very consistently.

If anyone intends to try this themselves:

Get a timegrapher. Do not rely on a phone app. Very little movement of the regulation lever will result in a big change. You need to know the effect of the change you made quickly in the very likely event that you put the watch really out of spec.

Leave the movement in the case as shown in the video. Watch hands are only slightly more rigid than aluminum foil, and are very easily damaged. Leaving the movement in the case protects the hands.

Pull the crown out to stop the balance wheel before making an adjustment. The balance wheel is moving back and forth adjacent to the lever, and either the wheel or hairspring could be damaged if you are not very careful.

A Glock disassembly tool is ideal for pushing the lever.

YouTube videos show the process taking about 5 minutes. It took me almost 2 hours of getting the lever in the wrong position, measuring the rate on the timegrapher, and trying again before I got ti right. The process is simple but not necessarily easy.

I would not try it myself on anything expensive.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List