Page 294 of 375 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

once again participating in this forum begins to drag me down another money hole..

I was just fine owning cheap Seiko 5 automatics, or minimalist Russian Vostoks until I came under the influence of this thread....my first step down the new labyrinth of having a nice watch...

Name:  steinhart ocean 39 new.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  29.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    The watch my brother gifted me broke. Sometime during a concert and fireworks the band must have broken. Likely while I was carrying chairs.

Something I learned recently, the nato strap or similar with a strap through the watch allow 1 or the other latch to break and you retain the watch.

Not sure you want to run down that path but something to consider.

Maybe you knew this already. The Natos have another part too, which is weird and explained below.

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/a...ls-nato-strap/

Site Supporter
    Swiss Movement
    Swiss Made
    Sapphire
    316L case and Bracelet
    500 ish

That is a ton of watch.

It also serves as another reminder that Seiko should just charge 5% more and dump Hardlex for sapphire because why would I spend 500ish with Seiko and get less than I am getting with Steinhart and any number of micro brands.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

It also serves as another reminder that Seiko should just charge 5% more and dump Hardlex for sapphire because why would I spend 500ish with Seiko and get less than I am getting with Steinhart and any number of micro brands.

I just noticed a new mystery scratch on my Arnie yesterday that almost certainly wouldn't be there if it was sapphire.

Thought I had sworn off any immediate desire for a “luxury brand”. Then I went to a wedding last weekend and my two new drinking buddies were rolling with a silver-dial Oyster Perpetual and a green Aqua Terra.

That Aqua Terra was pretty slick.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I just noticed a new mystery scratch on my Arnie yesterday that almost certainly wouldn't be there if it was sapphire.
    I bought a crystal press a few years ago, but haven’t tried using it yet. I planned on installing sapphire into a few of my Monsters but never got around to it. I should dig it out and try.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Thought I had sworn off any immediate desire for a “luxury brand”. Then I went to a wedding last weekend and my two new drinking buddies were rolling with a silver-dial Oyster Perpetual and a green Aqua Terra.

That Aqua Terra was pretty slick.
    The Aqua Terra is a great watch but it has two problems that bug me. One, it has no tool-less adjustments to the bracelet (like the rolex glide-lock or Easy Link) so it gets really tight when its hot and humid (unless one prefers to wear it loose to begin with). Two, the hands, while very easy to see in daylight, aren't so much when the light is low and the lume is basically two little blobs that can't tell you anything. Then again, I don't have young eyes anymore.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

What have people's experiences been with LÜM-TEC watches? I know their not super high-end like some people prefer, but a couple models have caught my eye.

(@Clusterfrack I still pine for the bronze one you have/had)
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    This thread has me looking lustfully at Steinharts and Hamiltons. I really don't need another watch. Yet...I look. I really like the value proposition here. I'm very happy with the Marathon GSAR I picked up based on the recommendations in this thread for similar reasons. It's good looking (anthracite on bracelet), accurate and very functional. I would recommend it all day every day. The only thing I would change, if I could, is to have it available in 44mm or even 46mm along with 41mm. That's just personal to me, though. I wore a Garmin Fenix for so many years that at 41mm the Marathon seems small. I have an Omega Aqua Terra that I bust out occasionally when I want to feel pretty and it feels tiny now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    ...The only thing I would change, if I could, is to have it available in 44mm or even 46mm along with 41mm.
    AHEM...
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List