Page 359 of 375 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m kicking myself for not ordering a Sinn from WatchBuys before the price increases - $3200 now when it was $2400 before is a big ask. Where are safe places to buy used watches?
    I know this post is a few months old, but FWIW I just bought a used but mint 2021 tegimented U1 on a Sinn owners group on Facebook. There are definitely scammers on Facebook watch B/S/T groups but there are ways to conduct due diligence. Under $2k with both bracelet and rubber strap (which I like more than I expected to).

IMG_3022 by Palmguy, on Flickr

It's kind of a shame that the Sinn is going to be relegated to not being worn particularly often, but the Apple Watch is heavily engrained into my daily life right now. I've had several other watches to fill this particular void for me (mostly something I can wear on the occasions that I can't wear a smart watch at work) but I've always looked at them and wished they were a U1. Came across this one used and had to jump on it.

I still have a "regular" Apple Watch (series 7 black titanium) but haven't worn it in months. I wish the Ultra came in black but it's compelling enough that's it's just what I wear every day now. The battery can go two days if necessary where the standard AW is usually running dry at or before the end of one day.

IMG_3023 by Palmguy, on Flickr
    Last edited by Palmguy; 02-17-2024 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    I know this post is a few months old, but FWIW I just bought a used but mint 2021 tegimented U1 on a Sinn owners group on Facebook. There are definitely scammers on Facebook watch B/S/T groups but there are ways to conduct due diligence. Under $2k with both bracelet and rubber strap (which I like more than I expected to).

IMG_3022 by Palmguy, on Flickr

It's kind of a shame that the Sinn is going to be relegated to not being worn particularly often, but the Apple Watch is heavily engrained into my daily life right now. I've had several other watches to fill this particular void for me (mostly something I can wear on the occasions that I can't wear a smart watch at work) but I've always looked at them and wished they were a U1. Came across this one used and had to jump on it.

I still have a "regular" Apple Watch (series 7 black titanium) but haven't worn it in months. I wish the Ultra came in black but it's compelling enough that's it's just what I wear every day now. The battery can go two days if necessary where the standard AW is usually running dry at or before the end of one day.

IMG_3023 by Palmguy, on Flickr
    Nice score on the U1! And I’ll probably end up with an Ultra at some point.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’m running the ultra — battery life and screen size are way worth it. Being able to preview texts, emails, and calendar in meetings without twitching is nice but the key is being able to wake up to a tap on my wrist. I get up very early sometimes and it significantly reduces the chance of me being killed.

I have had the boy on an SE for years. He can have a real phone when he leaves the house. If he insists.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’m running the ultra — battery life and screen size are way worth it. Being able to preview texts, emails, and calendar in meetings without twitching is nice but the key is being able to wake up to a tap on my wrist. I get up very early sometimes and it significantly reduces the chance of me being killed.

I have had the boy on an SE for years. He can have a real phone when he leaves the house. If he insists.
    We were up at the Verizon store yesterday to upgrade our phones, and I asked about Ultra deals. Even with retention bonus and a trade-in it would have been a lot of money out of pocket. Maybe another time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Grabbed this Orient Mako 2 (FAA02009D9) to be a travel companion. I'd rather not risk my existing watches getting lost/forgotten/damaged while I'm traveling this year, and it's my first automatic as well.

I'd like to put a coin bezel and blue sapphire crystal in it and call it a day at some point, but it's perfectly serviceable for what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post

Using a series 1 Ultra since launch (S7 relegated to sleep) and sim. to JAD the Ultra for my usage (swimming/cycling/pistol matches etc) is a real + w/ it’s larger screen & batt. vs the S7 but also in daily wear just discreetly tapping the face to check texts vs. pulling the ph. out which can ruffle some peeps feathers.

I was in Singapore earlier this month and made an appointment to visit BOLDR Supply Co. https://www.boldrsupply.co/

I got to meet the founder, Leon Leong, and pick up this Safari model. I like the color way and the "California" dial with the Roman numerals on top and Arabic numerals on the bottom.

Name:  BOLDR Watch.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  47.5 KB

It has a Seiko movement and a sapphire crystal. Fun watch.

Site Supporter

Dial varies color from almost black to bright green depending on the lighting angle, it’s a nice slightly elevated look that pairs well with leather shoes/belt or green shirts

Name:  20240313_125959.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  46.8 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Using a series 1 Ultra since launch (S7 relegated to sleep) and sim. to JAD the Ultra for my usage (swimming/cycling/pistol matches etc) is a real + w/ it’s larger screen & batt. vs the S7 but also in daily wear just discreetly tapping the face to check texts vs. pulling the ph. out which can ruffle some peeps feathers.
    ** WARNING - P-F THREAD DRIFT **

Are you able to keep both Apple Watches linked to your phone? (The Ultra and the Series 7 you use for sleep).
    That would be an intriguing option, as I can see a use for each…. My Series 7 is becoming prone to dying before bedtime if I use it for a workout while streaming a podcast in the morning. But I like it’s slim design for casual wear around the house, or while doing things that might damage a larger, more expensive watch like I wear to fly.

User Tag List