Page 151 of 375 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3742

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Last time I post in here about this abomination watch! I am sure you real watch people think these are silly, but I am having some fun with the faces (and the new technology of shouting at my wrist like a madman).

My original picture wasn't the best Seamaster 300 Specter face out there. It was missing the Omega label and the second hand was incorrect. I have since found a better face.

Here are a few more I have tried from the Facer app (free):

FYI - The real NATO strap (22mm) works with the Gear S3 but by design your wrist is not in contact with the back of the watch. You lose your heart rate stuff and the watch face turns off after a set time, it thinks you removed it. It still wakes up when you turn the watch to look at it, so its a workable solution. What you lose is the "always on" face functionality.
    You realize you can get 2 piece NATO straps right? While not authentic, I can't imagine giving up some of primary features of the smart watch. This was the S3 I had, but sold it because the fitness tracking features weren't up to par, however I've heard the new software update fixed the issues.

Just got this for my birthday, Huawei watch 2 sport, so far I'm quite impressed for the price. I plan on a similar 2 piece NATO strap as the above watch.

Last edited by hurley842002; 01-18-2018 at 08:49 PM.

My birthday watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have three of them, what do you want to know?
    No concerns over collectability, resale value, etc., just overall quality. The fact that you own three probably answers my question.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    No concerns over collectability, resale value, etc., just overall quality. The fact that you own three probably answers my question.
    Ball makes a very good mid-tier watch.
    Their overall quality is on par with Sinn, Oris, Hamilton, Tag-Heuer, Longines, etc., which in general means reliable workhorse ETA/Sellita/Soprod Swiss movements, sapphire crystals, well finished stainless cases and decent quality straps/bands.
    It's a super crowded, very competitive segment of the market.
    Value retention (resale) from MSRP is going to suck, don't pay full MSRP. Buy one used or new gray market.
    Gray market from a respected gray market dealer will be discounted at least 50% off MSRP. You won't have a factory warranty buying gray, but the discount combined with the initial quality of the watch and the generic ETA movement means that's really not a big deal. Your chances of needing the warranty are slim and any work on the ETA movement could be had cheaply locally anyway.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-19-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    JodyH is spot on.

Thought I would dig out this older Longines that I bought back in the mid-ish 80's. It had always been a very nice watch, but I originally stopped wearing it when I was doing a lot of machining. Have some meetings coming up and thought it would be time to start wearing it again.
    Last edited by JRCHolsters; 01-19-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Finally got my grail ( for now). Most comfortable watch I ever tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope ya'll don't own any kobold

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7500977

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Here's a left-field question...

Anyone have any experience with Chinese watches? I am looking for a new watch that's on the dressier side (without being gaudy). I have skinny wrists (6.5") and find most divers or "tactical" orient watches simply too large. Anything bigger than 40mm is a non-starter. When I was heavier, I wore an Orange Monster for a bit over a decade, but at my current size, it looks and feels ridiculous. My current EDC watch is a G-Shock 5600 series, which is roughly the size I'd like to stick with.

So, my requirements are:
    New. Not opposed to used, but only if the price is right.
    Understated "dressy". Will be wearing this to work, church, etc. I have the G-Shock for rough duty and EDC.
    Leather band. Bracelet is acceptable depending on the overall package.
    Mechanical movement (manual wind or automatic with manual option).
    Smaller case (40mm or less, preferably in the 35mm-38mm range).
    Water resistant to a level that would keep the watch safe in the rain. I'm not going swimming with it on.
    < $300 because this is man jewelry and I'm not coordinating tactical strikes or operating in demanding environments. It's difficult to justify an expensive watch when my $40 G-Shock keeps perfect time.

I found the Seagull Dong Feng, which is just about perfect. Every review I've read has been positive. Other than being from Commie China, it's a nearly perfect fit.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f67/sea...e-4086634.html

I've also considered some of the dressier Seiko 5s, but I prefer a leather band and most of the nicer looking Seikos have bracelets.

Timex recently re-issued the Marlin. On the surface, it's also a good fit for what I want, but the reviews have been mixed. One tear-down review indicated the movement is not very good, with internal flaws and shortcuts that you wouldn't see in a Chinese watch or a Seiko 5, both of which cost less.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Chris

Embarking on a five times a year chore, advancing my analog watch dates to the first.
    I don't NEED a new watch, but if I did, I would be shopping for an analog face, digital date.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List