Page 24 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

does anyone with the suunto core all black ever find it hard to read?

Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    Have you tried replacing the battery? Mine got really tough to read- especially when the backlight was on (or really wasn't on at all).... a fresh battery a few months ago and it was back in business.

We are diminished
    I cannot speak to the all-black, but the orange negative displays can be very hard to read indoors or in low light. You might want to try changing the contrast.

Thanks.

As a lifetime member of the $15 throwaway watch club, you jerks (meh and LL specifically) finally forced me to give in and buy a Seiko snzg15j1. I'll post a pic when it comes home.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

I guess it's time to stop being a heathen, reputable online retailers would be? Amazon has been little help with their everything is great comments/reviews.

My elcheapo Invicta watch I have worn for work has left one heck of a tan line and looks like I was just mugged if I don't wear it...so it's time to join the nice watch club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Have you tried replacing the battery? Mine got really tough to read- especially when the backlight was on (or really wasn't on at all).... a fresh battery a few months ago and it was back in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I cannot speak to the all-black, but the orange negative displays can be very hard to read indoors or in low light. You might want to try changing the contrast.
    thanks for the tip. i dont own one yet, i was playing with it at the store. think im going to pick up the core crush with the yellow band.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Thanks for that link Todd, I hadn't had any problems with reading the face, but I decided to knock the contrast up a couple of notches just to see if I like the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Thanks.

As a lifetime member of the $15 throwaway watch club, you jerks (meh and LL specifically) finally forced me to give in and buy a Seiko snzg15j1. I'll post a pic when it comes home.

I'd be very interested in your observations and opinions after wearing it for a while. I have been interested in something along those lines, and have always had a fondness for Seikos. My older eyes like the larger numbers.

The Seiko 200-meter dive watch I bought in the Camp Pendleton PX more than 30 years ago is still going strong. I think I have changed the battery 5 or 6 times, and run a Zulu strap on it now. It's a classic beast.

ill have new pictures coming soon. REI has suunto core products for 25% off through 9/3. makes the glacier grey, all black, and crush models $220+tax and free shipping.

ill have new pictures coming soon. REI has suunto core products for 25% off through 9/3. makes the glacier grey, all black, and crush models $220+tax and free shipping.
    I'm hoping Suunto will come out with a slim watch the way Casio did with their pathfinder (eg paw-2000). I love the look, but I just can't pull it off on my tiny wrist.

User Tag List