Page 27 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Don't they lose 18 minutes every now and again?
    Ha, well played!

Picked one up today. Corporal SS matte black and gun metal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

I have been lookin at Nixon's lately, isn't the guy who started the company a former SEAL or something?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    I have been lookin at Nixon's lately, isn't the guy who started the company a former SEAL or something?

Mike
    Nope. A guy from Burton snowboards and a guy from Transworld skateboard magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Nope. A guy from Burton snowboards and a guy from Transworld skateboard magazine.
    cool, now a silly question but can you wear a lefty on your left arm? seems like all they make is a left hand watch.

Mike

I know a few of you guys are using Suunto Core watches. Does anyone have the Alu model, and if so how do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    cool, now a silly question but can you wear a lefty on your left arm? seems like all they make is a left hand watch.

Mike
    being a lefty i wore a watch on my right arm for a while. i found depending on the size of the crown it can dig into your wrist when you bend your hand which is uncomfortable.
    i think the chronicle in navy looks pretty cool.

Let's go retro.

S&W 640 Pro
    Laco Aviator

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    After years of not wearing a watch, I got this same watch a few weeks ago. Everything I need, nothing I don't. I'd like to spec out a custom build with mostly the same features as this watch, a few upgrades and some stylistic changes...
    So I kept the original straps on my watch. Friggin' leather got some nasty mold...which started living in my skin and gave me a horrible rash. The silver lining is nobody wanted to bug me at work for a while. Anyway, I got a NATO strap for it, just like the picture, and wow, this is now the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. Probably won't mind an ocean swim now and then, either. =)
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Anyone have experience with Nixon watches?

www.nixon.com
    My ex bought me one for my birthday some time ago. It was a very comfortable watch. It was a little busier/more complicated to use some of the features than I would have liked, but it was comfy, fit well, good balance, and size. It was a bit of a beast in weight, compared to the watch I had been wearing, but that just made it feel "robust".

Unfortunately, that was along the lines of "feeling like that FAST was much faster using this technique".............but dude is not using a shot timer.

In less than a year, it was Tango Uniform. For good. It was just beyond it's warranty, though I never did quite understand how their calendar worked. (Note: I did not deal with their CS, that was handled by the one who gifted the watch, and the interactions were relayed). I threw it in the drawer and didn't concern myself with it for a bit as I was preparing to uproot the family and move 3000 miles away shortly. After arriving to my new home, I found a reputable jeweler and took it in to see if he could repair it for a reasonable fee.

Nope.

It is still sitting in the watch drawer, and I rarely see it, but when I do............I am a little bummed that it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    I know a few of you guys are using Suunto Core watches. Does anyone have the Alu model, and if so how do you like it?
    I

I traded a guy my "X" for his Alu, and am pretty happy with it............insofar as it is a Suunto. My needs for a watch are much simpler than a Suunto provides, and like the Nixon, I find it much more difficult to manage the features than I feel it should be. In all fairness, that is just me. We get the black Core issued at work, and the Nintendo Gen dudes can flip through, and utilize the various modes with ease. As a watch it is pretty robust, and keeps time well. I like the easy read face, large, easy to manage buttons, etc. It is light and comfortable enough, though I find it a tad on the large side for me. If I am active I don't notice. But if it is one of those days (occurring with increased frequency these days) where I am stuck answering emails and returning phone calls, I have to take the watch off.

Now, my turn to pick some brains..........

Anyone wear/own a TAG Aquaracer? I'd like to find a day to day casual watch splitting the price range between the daily work wear, and the evening out watch. I liked the style, options and appearance of them, though having Leonardo DiCaprio as their model, and pimping some Eco-Terrorist babble about saving the planet did kind of shy me away from really pursuing one. But a local department store has a few, and I looked at them, but it was a department store and the chick working the jewelry section was dump truck dumb so my questions were met with the wide eyed, blank stare of a moron, and the mouth breathing of Darth Vader.

Thanks.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List