Page 233 of 375 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Having visited my local Rolex Ad. And a not so local Rolex AD

- I feel as though I can confirm the “waitlist” has been replaced with the “preferred client”

Without confirmation one can assume rather safely that your proximity to a Rolex dealer, History with them, present collection And history with RSC may all play roles as to whether or not you are bestowed this prefered status.

Now I say “feel” because I’ve still never seen any waitlist....though I’ve been on some and bought pieces that I was in wait for.

Also I can say I “feel” as though my ability to acquire desirable pieces will remain regardless.

“ we don’t have that one yet - but we will be able to get it soon”

Make of it what you will

I’m in on a few more Rolex pieces before I can settle my heart. And I’m willing to put up with some nonsense to get those watches.

But.....I can really see those who don’t want to be in the group going to another brand or just saying to hell with it

Rolex wants a patek style cult - and I think they have it.

Whether or not this rather blatant step toward overt elitism will be good for them I can’t get say.

Wait time on Patek 5711 is 10 years btw...

And if I had bought the white dial version I passed on For $31k in 2017 - itd be a 70-80k piece now.

Fuck me dead

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Having visited my local Rolex Ad. And a not so local Rolex AD

- I feel as though I can confirm the “waitlist” has been replaced with the “preferred client”

Without confirmation one can assume rather safely that your proximity to a Rolex dealer, History with them, present collection And history with RSC may all play roles as to whether or not you are bestowed this prefered status.

Now I say “feel” because I’ve still never seen any waitlist....though I’ve been on some and bought pieces that I was in wait for.

Also I can say I “feel” as though my ability to acquire desirable pieces will remain regardless.

“ we don’t have that one yet - but we will be able to get it soon”

Make of it what you will

I’m in on a few more Rolex pieces before I can settle my heart. And I’m willing to put up with some nonsense to get those watches.

But.....I can really see those who don’t want to be in the group going to another brand or just saying to hell with it

Rolex wants a patek style cult - and I think they have it.

Whether or not this rather blatant step toward overt elitism will be good for them I can’t get say.

Wait time on Patek 5711 is 10 years btw...

And if I had bought the white dial version I passed on For $31k in 2017 - itd be a 70-80k piece now.

Fuck me dead
    I may regret saying this but I'm unconvinced that this level of interest in collectible watches is sustainable.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I may regret saying this but I'm unconvinced that this level of interest in collectible watches is sustainable.

Okie John
    To some degree you are completely correct.

Buying/wearing/trading watches that cost so much isn’t as much a lifestyle marker the way is watch guys want it to be.

To your point I know a lot of people who are willing and able to pay $30k or 60k for another watch

But when that price is known to be 2-4x over retail - the business sense has to take front seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    To some degree you are completely correct.

Buying/wearing/trading watches that cost so much isn’t as much a lifestyle marker the way is watch guys want it to be.

To your point I know a lot of people who are willing and able to pay $30k or 60k for another watch

But when that price is known to be 2-4x over retail - the business sense has to take front seat.
    I can see it for the ones that are no longer made but Beanie Babies pretty much killed the idea of creating new "collectibles."

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I can see it for the ones that are no longer made but Beanie Babies pretty much killed the idea of creating new "collectibles."

Okie John
    kari voutilainen‘s pieces are instantly collectable

Ditto for new limited Ferrari and the like.

To your point though despite being the most recognized brand of watch in the world I’m not sure rolex can hang with the 2 above

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I do everything in this Tudor. It’s the perfect edc watch for me

Saturday truck maintenance

Sunday pasta making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What an outstanding tool watch that is!

A little pop of color. It’ll be complete when the SDR bezel is sold separately sometime in ‘21.

Attachment 60744

I should note that I bought this watch on eBay *GASP* for well under MSRP. It’s from WatchBuys and still has the warranty card.

I asked WB about the bezel-dial misalignment and sent in the requested pictures. “We believe it’s within spec.” I was tempted to ask what the spec was since that’s nice-speak for “no, because fuck you.” They also reminded me that the previous owner didn’t seem to have a problem. I didn’t respond but he evidently did since he immediately sold it at a loss rather than deal with the WB warranty dept. I was overly nice to the rep but I’ll deal with German-based Classic Watch for my Sinn needs from now on to avoid the customer service pitfalls that go along with WatchBuys’ Sinn AD monopoly in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    You sir, are well rounded in your skill sets. This could inspire a new thread
    He's an impressive individual.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I asked WB about the bezel-dial misalignment and sent in the requested pictures. “We believe it’s within spec.” I was tempted to ask what the spec was since that’s nice-speak for “no, because fuck you.” They also reminded me that the previous owner didn’t seem to have a problem. I didn’t respond but he evidently did since he immediately sold it at a loss rather than deal with the WB warranty dept. I was overly nice to the rep but I’ll deal with German-based Classic Watch for my Sinn needs from now on to avoid the customer service pitfalls that go along with WatchBuys’ Sinn AD monopoly in the US.
    Have you tried realigning it yourself? It's pretty easy, just pop off the bezel and adjust the little alignment ring under it (the ring has several positions that it can be set to, so it's not infinitely adjustable, so you only have those settings to try out to see the best one).

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Have you tried realigning it yourself? It's pretty easy, just pop off the bezel and adjust the little alignment ring under it (the ring has several positions that it can be set to, so it's not infinitely adjustable, so you only have those settings to try out to see the best one).
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot once I find a screwdriver small enough to take it off. I might have to order a precision one since they supposedly blue loctite their screws.

User Tag List