Page 358 of 375 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    A watch is a watch.

The apple products are fitness and communication devices that can tell time when charged.

I often wear both. I always default to a watch if it is a one or the other.

Keeping it charged while traveling is a thing just like a phone-ergo an extra charge cord/compatible battery, adapter for same to keep battery charged if you are overseas etc.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I got my son an apple watch with a cell number when we went to Disney in 2022. He was 9 and wasn't ready for a phone, but I needed him to be able to call us if we got separated or in the case of an emergency. We're headed back to Japan in March and with all the devices we take with us, finding enough USB ports in the hotel rooms is difficult. Keeping that watch running all day isn't easy

He will probably take his MoonSwatch

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I am mostly a low end automatic pilot watch person, but the posts about the field watch and timex lead me to this one, which hits every button for me for a really cheap beater quartz watch that functions and looks the way I like.

Attachment 114927
    That watch is hot. Especially at the price point.

I've got one of these and the dial on that timex has the same, y'know, vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I got my son an apple watch with a cell number when we went to Disney in 2022. He was 9 and wasn't ready for a phone, but I needed him to be able to call us if we got separated or in the case of an emergency. We're headed back to Japan in March and with all the devices we take with us, finding enough USB ports in the hotel rooms is difficult. Keeping that watch running all day isn't easy

He will probably take his MoonSwatch
    Something like this with an adapter might ease the pain. I always travel with my own USB power sources, no way will I jack a data device into a public USB port.

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Stat.../dp/B09BHYM1RX
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Something like this with an adapter might ease the pain. I always travel with my own USB power sources, no way will I jack a data device into a public USB port.

https://www.amazon.com/Charging-Stat.../dp/B09BHYM1RX
    We travel with ALOT of devices (battery x 2, ipad x 3, iphone x 2, apple watch, work laptop, nintendo switch, wifi puck, Garmin inReach) and if my MIL comes, add another three devices (ipad, iphone, battery)

Site Supporter
    It has been a long time since I have been overseas, but on that trip, I stayed in four different hotels with four different styles of electrical outlets. The adapter I brought fit none of them.

I frequently use multiple port, USB chargers, but it must still fit the wall outlet.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Travel Trend:

Perhaps in an effort to help travelers who bring no/wrong adapter, In hotels, I am seeing more and more lamps bases and outlets that have integrated USB out charger ports such that you do not need an adapter to get the device re charged, merely the appropriate cord.

We went to Spain ( Canary Islands for Xmas 22)— these were advertised to work and did so such that I have confidence in this brand and their representations based on destination.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

We bought my daughter this one that claimed to be a universal as she traveled throughout Europe and the Middle East. No issues at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Perhaps in an effort to help travelers who bring no/wrong adapter, In hotels, I am seeing more and more lamps bases and outlets that have integrated USB out charger ports such that you do not need an adapter to get the device re charged, merely the appropriate cord.
    These are a major data security risk, just like the ones in airports. I always use my own AC power supply.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    These are a major data security risk, just like the ones in airports. I always use my own AC power supply.
    Practice safe charging: https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-.../dp/B06XGM6LJB

My favorite kind of day. Intense sun, clear above, over white snow cover on the ground. I just reset the time on my Ares, serial 16, since it was finally almost 30 fast. I don’t remember when I last set it; it’s been months—most likely since last daylight saving. I suppose I’ll have to do it again next month when the next daylight saving change happens.

I enjoyed the moment, waiting for the time.gov clock to tick down with the crown unscrewed, in the perfect natural light. It made me realize that anyone with some spare cash can buy a Rolex or Omega or any number of cool ways to mark the passage of one’s life, but not everyone can be around when a friend decides to start a watch company from scratch, and daily wear the result. I only have 3 watches at this point: my Grandfather’s pre-production ‘60 accutron, an SAS air (#8) from the mind of another actual, real-life person, and this original recipe Ares. How lucky am I to have spent only a fraction of my finite heirloom money to obtain 3 watches with a personal connection to the origins? Amazing, really.

Shot; post-coffee and pre-deadlift day:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List