Page 342 of 375 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Toddler pool party mandates the light blue Scurfa Ti D1.

Attachment 107223
    The Scurfa Ti D1 is 95% of a Tudor Pelagos at 10% of the price.

Dekla

As a connoisseur of cheap automatics, I am very happy with my brand new Dekla pilot which arrived last week, short wait of about 10 weeks "case making"...

Name:  dekla 1.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  33.8 KBName:  dekla 2.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  29.8 KB
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    Dekla is on my short list for a watch in that space. Their made to order model is very attractive and comes in under Laco and Stowa when configured the same way with Swiss movements etc.

The availability of a super hard steel case (think Sinn and Damasko) is nice as well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

A Visit to Sinn

I was recently in Frankfurt and stopped by the Sinn factory. Todd originally introduced me to the brand. I owned a U1, but ultimately sold it when I determined that the 44mm case was just too big for my wrist. However, with the release of the U50, a more reasonably sized 41mm watch, I was interested yet again in adding a Sinn to my small collection.

Name:  IMG_1934.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1930.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  21.7 KB

The Sinn factory is literally about 10 minutes from Frankfurt airport. The staff was very polite and showed me right to the showroom, which is a treat.

Name:  IMG_1924.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  72.4 KB

It is practically a petting zoo for watch nerds - they have every model on display, and you're welcome to handle the watches and try them on. Very little is behind glass.

Name:  IMG_1921.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  83.7 KB

Here are the GSG9 edition UX models.

Name:  IMG_1911.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  89.4 KB

My U50S seemingly came straight from the factory - just the watch case in a package. I picked out a strap, they assembled the watch and boxed it all up, and very nicely threw in some swag (a carrying case, books, and pens). They wanted to give me a bottle of wine, but with a plane to catch, I politely declined. They were very helpful in explaining how to get my VAT refund, and gave me the paperwork to submit at the airport.

Name:  IMG_1915.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  53.2 KB

If you ever find yourself with a few hours free in Frankfurt, and want to leave with a really nice souvenir, it is a fun trip.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 07-23-2023 at 07:45 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

More SEALs and their watches.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Steinhart, and “homage” products in general, can boil the blood of some but their new Ti GMT looks pretty awesome.

Name:  IMG_4451.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  30.5 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I love this thread although I cannot at this time, bring myself to buy more watches, and definitely not anything over maybe $150.

Wife tried to buy me a F1 Red Bull Tag (Special Edition job) and I sent it back. Recently she tried to buy me the Swatch Omega. Actually really cool, but €260 (I think) was too rich for my blood. This might happen down the road, but they are insanely light.

Rocking a Square GShock with NATO band these days and I am happy.

Snapped these recently, lots of amazing watches in these little stores in the old world.

I wish I took a better pic, this green Rolex caught my eye. Something I haven't really seen before. €11500 is a good chunk of change and I bet I would rather find a new Omega and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post

I wish I took a better pic, this green Rolex caught my eye. Something I haven't really seen before. €11500 is a good chunk of change and I bet I would rather find a new Omega and be happy.

That Rolex is a discontinued Milgauss and 11k Euros is actually a pretty fair price for something that collectible right now.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I was gonna say, if you actually find a Milgauss for sale that you can buy that's a feat

SwissLuxury has new ones for $22k.

edit: oh wow, they're not listed on rolex.com anymore. @Wondering Beard I thought you meant that was an old generation of the milgauss; I didn't know they'd discontinued them.

That's a shame. The lightning bolt seconds hand is neat.

Site Supporter
    I spend most of my day working on a computer, and my cell phone is on a belt case on my left side. Given how often we are around electronic/magnetic stuff. a mechanical watch that resists magnetization is quite appealing.

The current movements utilize springs made from materials which resist magnetization, but I wonder how they compare to a Milgauss?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List