Page 348 of 375 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    My brand new GMT Master II doing GMT things. I was floored when my AD called two weeks ago.Name:  IMG_0381.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  41.3 KB

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    My brand new GMT Master II doing GMT things. I was floored when my AD called two weeks ago.Name:  IMG_0381.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  41.3 KB
    Damn! Which AD?
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    My brand new GMT Master II doing GMT things. I was floored when my AD called two weeks ago.
    Love seeing aviation (or GMT) watches aviating!! I’m in love with the all black/stainless GMT

Lawrence of Arabia's wristwatch

From a different age comes this geeky interesting piece of history:

A bit more in depth:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    It really is.

On the other hand, the guy who does them (Tim Mosso, also a navy veteran) really knows what he's talking about. The information is as solid as you can get anywhere and it has helped me avoid some major mistakes.
    I just watched his review of the U2S when I was working out. I was back to thinking about selling it, but he reinforced what a great piece it is. I also watched his comparo of the EZM 3 and Rolex Sub. I wouldn't have paired those two because of the price disparity, but the Sinn fared pretty well. l appreciated it because I have its big brother, the EZM 13. Sinns really do punch above their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I just watched his review of the U2S when I was working out. I was back to thinking about selling it, but he reinforced what a great piece it is. I also watched his comparo of the EZM 3 and Rolex Sub. I wouldn't have paired those two because of the price disparity, but the Sinn fared pretty well. l appreciated it because I have its big brother, the EZM 13. Sinns really do punch above their weight.
    He does good, interesting and detailed reviews; I’m glad it served you well.

Give a try to his “weekend watch’s” shows, you get to see some amazing and unique watches.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I really like the LHD. I have a blue Pelagos and still would like to add the LHD to my collection.
    I made the mistake of looking at Watch Recon this morning and there was a Pelagos LHD, bought 12/21, described as mint condition, for the lowest price I think I've ever seen. I waffled for about 5 minutes before I jumped on it. I told my wife that was what I'd buy as a retirement watch. She suggested she buy it for me and call all my clients to come over to watch when she presented it to me. Sorely tempting offer for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I made the mistake of looking at Watch Recon this morning and there was a Pelagos LHD, bought 12/21, described as mint condition, for the lowest price I think I've ever seen. I waffled for about 5 minutes before I jumped on it. I told my wife that was what I'd buy as a retirement watch. She suggested she buy it for me and call all my clients to come over to watch when she presented it to me. Sorely tempting offer for sure...
    It's been literally minutes since I've led you astray.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I like the strap on the MoonSwatch, Janitor. It really adds to the look.

I handled a couple of real Speedmasters today. The first was a vintage (circa 1998) 'Hesalite Sandwich' model with a slate blue dial. It was at an Analoge Shift store in Orlando's Mall of Millenia. Link below if anyone is interested, but the most of the photos on the page don't really show the beauty of the blueish dial. I've pasted the one in that comes close. Great looking watch, but a little pricey for one that does not have a sapphire crystal.

https://www.analogshift.com/products...01346db4&_ss=r

Name:  AS07268_408100799490_OMEGA_SPEEDMASTERPROFESSIONAL_3572.50-2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  27.7 KB

I then went over the Omega store and spent some time with the newish "Grey Side of the Moon" model. The webpage is below, but none of the photos do it justice.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...31193445199002

Name:  omega-speedmaster-dark-side-of-the-moon-co-axial-chronometer-chronograph-44-25-mm-31193445199002.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  44.7 KB

Again, the photo above (from Omega's site) is inadequate. The sandblasted platinum dial is gorgeous, and the ceramic bezel is shiny, like wet clay. It is really stunning. The mechanical clasp on the leather strap is also very cool.

That Omega store is hosting an event for military veterans next Saturday, and the rumor is that they will be offering some discounts. I don't know if other Omega stores around the country are doing the same.

If you are looking for deals, GovX also has great prices on Seiko's and Bulova's for vets and first responders. https://www.govx.com/
    Last edited by 37th Mass; 11-03-2023 at 07:30 PM.

User Tag List