Page 269 of 375 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Nope. My first watch as a kid was a late 1980’s-era swatch with the crazy colors and geometric patterns you’d expect, so there’s quite a bit of nostalgia there. I’m also a big Speedy fan, but the combo just strikes me as odd and gimmicky…much like I remember the 80’s and early 90’s being, actually…

These strike me as not quite a Swatch and not quite a Speedy. Can’t put my finger on why, exactly. They just aren’t doing it for me. To be fair, my favorite Speedmaster to actually own and wear is the older Hesalite Speemaster reduced, so take my tastes with a grain of salt.
    It’s because its a $300 plastic quartz watch that looks just like a Speedmaster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Not willing to travel for a $300 quartz watch because it looks like a manual wind Omega but if there was a Neptune one a half hour away, I’d definitely get one.
    One of the places on the list is about 40 minutes from me.... but I draw the line at having to stand in line for a Swatch.
    Maybe I'll call on Sunday and see if they have any inventory remaining.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I would stand in line for so long as I had some gear to pass the time.

But alas, no store in my area and I will not task my daughter to wait in line given all she has going on 7 weeks from graduation.

I suspect there will be a vigorous mkt initially and I am hopeful for a second online run for a color that is light and earth tone enough not to be confused w the original model.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Huge line in Houston - fortunately I saw it online before driving over to the store. Hope to snag one online before the collaboration ends.

My wife got to the Honolulu store 4.5 hours early. There are hundreds in line ahead of her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if they changed the purchase limits? Or how many pieces each boutique gets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp. Honolulu had less than 100 units total, it seems. Obviously we didn't get one. Secondary market on them has been absurd in the hours after release. I see one on ebay right now with bidding past $10k. It's sad for the watch guys who really want to wear one, like myself.

I just read on the Swatch website that more MoonSwatchs will be available "in the coming weeks".

The launch of the Bioceramic MoonSwatch Collection is an incredible success that exceeded all expectations.

We would therefore like to remind you that there will be watches available in the selected Swatch Stores in the coming weeks as it is not a limited edition.

For the moment, we have to update the purchase limit to one watch per person until further notice. We will revert back to two watches per person as soon as possible.

#MoonSwatch

https://www.swatch.com/en-us/bioceramic-moonswatch.html

Got that James Bond feeling today

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dammit.

I’ve been waiting for a blue U50 to come along, and it’s here - but it’s not what I wanted. Gimme a natural finish Tegimented bracelet, please! I could live with the gradient dial, but not the black case and bracelet.

Name:  E1DFB105-659F-4CEC-93B2-C346A5EA7172.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  54.7 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List