Page 154 of 373 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    I recently came across a good deal on a Seiko SKX009K, so I picked that up. I didn't like the rubber strap, nor do I like bracelets, so I stuck it on a Barton QR canvas strap. It's good fit and comfortable. I may pick up a navy one to switch out since the QR feature makes this simple.

Name:  IMG_20180327_151429.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  36.0 KB

The SNK mod I mentioned above is still in progress. I'm waiting on the dial to arrive from APAC.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    The new Baselworld 2018 watches are going to be bad for my wallet. Omega revived the wave dial 300M Seamaster in homage to the 25th anniversary of the 1993 model (made famous in Goldeneye) and it is beautiful. Rolex brought back the Pepsi GMT II in steel - highly anticipated and certainly not unexpected - but unfortunately the price (and wait) continue to climb. But the biggest surprise was Tudor releasing a Black Bay GMT - in Pepsi colors! I expect the latter will sell like crazy, and I may well take a hard look.
    Not like i can afford to buy a new GMT (and i'd probably go for the standard with green hand, anyway), but I think the pepsi would look better not on a jubilee.

also, I've worked for the past five or six years now with a Government relations guy at Pepsi. He wears an old steel pepsi given to him by his father.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Not like i can afford to buy a new GMT (and i'd probably go for the standard with green hand, anyway), but I think the pepsi would look better not on a jubilee.
    Agree on the bracelet (and the escalating price of the GMT).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I've been meaning to post this one for a while. It's a Monta Triumph with grey dial. I have to say that pictures do not even come close to doing these watches justice. The chamfered and polished edges play with light and give the watch a refined feel that doesn't get communicated in pictures. The bracelet is the most comfortable I've ever worn. With 150m water resistance, good lume, and AR coating on the underside of the sapphire crystal only (Sinn should be taking notes!), it's a great "one watch" watch.

Edited to add: Forgot to add a link: https://montawatch.com
    Last edited by 98z28; 04-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Been enjoying this one more than I expected too. Picked it up on a whim locally. No box, no papers, and unknown service history...also cheap. Found it at a local, trusted jewler who agreed to send it off to an Omega service center and have it overhauled. Running ~+2 seconds per day since it came back.

It's the Omega Speedmaster Automatic, reference 3510.50 (aka Speedmaster Reduced). It's quite a bit smaller than the Speedmaster Professional, which is good for my child-like wrists. I'm not a big Omega guy anyway, and the Speedy Pro looks cartoonish on me. This one works well.
    Plus it's an auto, no hand-winding. Mine primitive hand cranker says hi

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fuse; 04-22-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Plus it's an auto, no hand-winding. Mine primitive hand cranker says hi

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I like this. I have yet to own an Omega. I have always loved the classic Constellation. But this is clean for a chrono.

I don’t usually like deco style anything but this one I couldn’t pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I finally finished my semi-custom Seiko "Sinn 556a Homage". Lemme tell ya...The youtube videos make it look a lot easier than it is. The crystal replacement was easy, as was the dial, but the hands were a nightmare for me. If you have really steady hands and great eyesight, it might not be too bad, but I have neither. I'm not 100% convinced I have the hands perfectly aligned, so at Noon/Midnight, the hour and minute hands may not be perfectly stacked, but I think it looks good otherwise. I did ding up the lower edge of the hour hand. It shows up as a shiny mark in the picture above. I could probably touch it up with a Sharpie, but isn't noticeable while wearing it. I'm not crazy about the band, a cheap "Bond-style" NATO, so that may get changed, but it'll do for now.

This started out as a Seiko SNK805 I picked up off Amazon for less than $55 shipped. I replaced the mineral glass crystal with a blue AR coated and domed sapphire crystal from AjuiceT via eBay. The dial is a Sinn-style dial and hands from AjuiceT's site once I learned he had a regular site. I started out with a different, arguably nicer, dial from a vendor in Singapore, but his was .5mm too large and the positioning pins too thin and short, so it wouldn't work for my watch. Rather than bother sending it back to Singapore for a refund, I just ate the $15 loss. He did send another dial, but that one had pins in the wrong location. Between communication delays and issues, I just gave up and went to AjuiceT. He's not only responsive and US-based, his service is fast and he stands behind his stuff. I highly recommend him if you want to get into this hobby.

Don't let the pic fool you. This is a small watch and I have small wrists.

Name:  watch.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  54.4 KB

I have a Seiko SKX diver I want to lightly mod, but I won't be touching the dial or hands there. I'll be replacing the chapter ring with a brushed aluminum one with no marks and installing a domed sapphire crystal with red AR coating (flashes red when viewed at an angle, will go nicely with the red in the bezel).

Chris

I have a question on watch maintenance:

After lubricating your Suunto digital watch using the standard method of pouring used motor oil liberally down your sleeve, how do you get rid of the smell? Normal soap nor dishwashing liquid doesn't seem to help. (Well, the dishwashing stuff worked better, but there is still an odor.)
    Last edited by That Guy; 07-04-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: English really isn't my first language...

User Tag List