Page 218 of 366 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Pass. Still Leaning hard at the 126711 gmt
    I love the rootbeer, but two-tone sucks for daily wear.
    Just desk diving scratched and gouged the shit out the center links on my Sky-Dweller.
    Even my Milgauss polished stainless center links hairline scratch easily.
    That's why my daily wear is almost always a brushed stainless, current favorite is my "new" Air-King.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I love the rootbeer, but two-tone sucks for daily wear.
    Just desk diving scratched and gouged the shit out the center links on my Sky-Dweller.
    Even my Milgauss polished stainless center links hairline scratch easily.
    That's why my daily wear is almost always a brushed stainless, current favorite is my "new" Air-King.
    The polished part of the clasp of my GMT Master II is already plenty scratched, but that's ok because it's meant to be worn daily and endure whatever I do. Still, I wouldn't be happy if the polished gold on a two-tone were to get scratched.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I bought a Timex Expedition for a work watch. It didn't last a couple of months before losing time, and a new battery didn't fix it.

My lovely bride bought me this Seiko solar for father's day, and I couldn't be more pleased.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNE331-...s%2C228&sr=8-8
    Nice Chuck. I had a Seiko in the 80's and it was rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The polished part of the clasp of my GMT Master II is already plenty scratched, but that's ok because it's meant to be worn daily and endure whatever I do. Still, I wouldn't be happy if the polished gold on a two-tone were to get scratched.
    The blems on my two tone sub after 21 years don't bother me quite as much as they used to. The last time it went into service, it looked a lot better after they were done, but they couldn't get all of the knocks and dings out. I think of them as "experience marks".

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The blems on my two tone sub after 21 years don't bother me quite as much as they used to. The last time it went into service, it looked a lot better after they were done, but they couldn't get all of the knocks and dings out. I think of them as "experience marks".
    I understand that. If the watch is bought as and meant to be a "daily driver" then the scratches are part of the character of the watch. Gold or two-tones, in my life, would be meant for occasions and personal pleasure and, since Gold is much softer than steel, scratching them to the degree that I already have on my new GMT would bug me.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

@Duke. My good buddy picked the gold/green GMTII for his edc. It’s growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    @Duke. My good buddy picked the gold/green GMTII for his edc. It’s growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That watch just screams Miami to me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Pretty epic humblebrag right here
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Site Supporter
    Name:  20200804_125155.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  25.8 KB

A couple from the collection.

Name:  40F89C6B-47CA-4638-B5A8-A6A8BB444FDB.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  40.4 KB

Name:  9FE45F14-99D2-41C0-86EB-4B6B6DDD4F7A.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  32.0 KB

User Tag List