Page 234 of 373 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Anyone here have the Rolex red grape dial? I'm thinking that a used one should be my first foray into the Rolex world. As of now, still loving my Citizen Titanium Ecodrive.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassSlapper View Post
    Anyone here have the Rolex red grape dial? I'm thinking that a used one should be my first foray into the Rolex world. As of now, still loving my Citizen Titanium Ecodrive.
    I don't have one and it's a shame it's been discontinued, however, you are likely to pay more than for a new Oyster Perpetual or the same (it's the case for pretty much all rolexes; some "used" ones are 150% over msrp). If you are fine with that than go right ahead, you'll have a great watch; if not, then visit an AD and they likely have an OP in store that you could try on and see if you like it.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    A little pop of color. It’ll be complete when the SDR bezel is sold separately sometime in ‘21.

Attachment 60744

I should note that I bought this watch on eBay *GASP* for well under MSRP. It’s from WatchBuys and still has the warranty card.

I asked WB about the bezel-dial misalignment and sent in the requested pictures. “We believe it’s within spec.” I was tempted to ask what the spec was since that’s nice-speak for “no, because fuck you.” They also reminded me that the previous owner didn’t seem to have a problem. I didn’t respond but he evidently did since he immediately sold it at a loss rather than deal with the WB warranty dept. I was overly nice to the rep but I’ll deal with German-based Classic Watch for my Sinn needs from now on to avoid the customer service pitfalls that go along with WatchBuys’ Sinn AD monopoly in the US.
    WB isn’t exactly famous for their Sinn CS. Or, actually, maybe they are.

This is coming from a guy who’s owned 4 Sinns and been to their road shows.

That said, that U50 is a cool watch. See how the SDR bezel treats you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I’ll be in my bunk.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Have you tried realigning it yourself? It's pretty easy, just pop off the bezel and adjust the little alignment ring under it (the ring has several positions that it can be set to, so it's not infinitely adjustable, so you only have those settings to try out to see the best one).
    I owe you one. That worked like a charm. The screw slots don’t look quite so perfect anymore but that misalignment was sending my OCD into overdrive. I really appreciate it.

Batman
    Putting memories on the watch - hanging out with my son at the hospital[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Site Supporter
    Ordered mon night 2334 CDT from Japan. Ready for pick up on a redirected delivery to the Walgreens at 1341 CDT on thurs. 3 days Tokyo to KCMO metro.
    Sorry for the so-so phone pics.

Casio Oceanus 100- Titanium/Sallaz case polish/solar/atomic/sapphire crystal/applied indices. JDM watch.
    Name:  E70243FA-1EF5-40EA-9E3B-8CFCFB76A596.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  50.5 KBName:  38DCD103-853E-4F24-B771-83B1853D7AE4.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  27.5 KBName:  942989D4-4B66-49A2-9D31-303553ECD27C.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  58.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Very nice! I love my S-100 and T-150 Oceanus though they can be hair pullers.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    Name:  20201005_102548.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  19.6 KB

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List