Page 182 of 375 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3742

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

No date Sub. Love it!

I tried this on this weekend, and it’s got me questioning my plan for an IWC spitfire chrono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a love/hate relationship with fake patina on lume but those Seamasters pull it off.

Dropping this one for the Rolex fans:

https://www.esquireme.com/content/36...s-custom-rolex

Marlon Brando's multi-million dollar custom Rolex watch
    The watch, which was thought to have disappeared from the world entirely, has resurfaced in time for a NYC auction

Picked up this little gem the other day. So far it is with 2 sec per day. It's like a sort of military speedmaster. I have been waititing for the new 321 Speedy's so I figured I would get one of these to hold me over since I have always wanted one.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I have a love/hate relationship with fake patina on lume but those Seamasters pull it off.
    Omega do far too many limited edition but the 57 trilogy pieces are the cat’s tits.

To your point, all of the reissue seamaster look great.

The only issue that raises for me is they've become so intent on being what they were or doing what was already done pretty well.

Maybe that’s the issue I have with oldish looking new pieces too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Picked up this little gem the other day. So far it is with 2 sec per day. It's like a sort of military speedmaster. I have been waititing for the new 321 Speedy's so I figured I would get one of these to hold me over since I have always wanted one.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Schwing!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Name:  20190721_153820.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  57.3 KB

Just got this today, I love my dive watches, but all of the mechanicals I have are all, - anywhere from 2-4 minutes a month, I did'nt want a battery operated quartz, because you need to change the battery every couple years, and every time you open up a watch to change the battery, any water resistance rating it has may be compromised..So, I thought I'd give the Eco-drive a whirl, I'm not seeing a downside here, quartz accuracy, (+ - 20 seconds a month) decent water resistance, (200m) screw down crown, and from what I've read the power source they use is supposedly good for 10 years. Simply wearing it out in the light will charge it..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-21-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ralph,

I saw that on Amazon last week and was very tempted.
    Let us know how you like it in a few weeks.

Great looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Ralph,

I saw that on Amazon last week and was very tempted.
    Let us know how you like it in a few weeks.

Great looking watch.
    I bought it on Amazon..looking at the comments on Amazon, some people are convinced that if it dosen't come with directions it's a return..I don't think so, as I don't think Citizen includes directions anymore, instead, when mine showed up, I found a card that directs you to vist their website, and down load directions from there..

Other little things I found out, the watch has a built in low battery indicator..the second hand will jump 2 seconds at a time when the battery needs charged.. That and the rechargable battery Citizen uses will last much longer than advertised, I guess 20 years is not unusual for them.. This watch may turnout to be what I've been looking for, accurate, rugged, dosen't need batterys, decent water resistance, and affordable, and Citizen has repair/ warranty service here in the U.S. So, if something does go wrong with it, you won't have to send it halfway around the world.. Plus it comes with a 5 year warranty..

I'll see how it does, and get back with you in a few weeks..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-22-2019 at 05:55 PM.

User Tag List