Page 220 of 373 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

I’ve been wearing a GSAR daily for the past 8 years. Just had my original one “rebuilt” after being very damaged by one of our Patrol K9s on a training day. For less than it would have been to “repair” they just took off the back plate of my original one and threw it on a brand new case with a new movement with the updated face. The current movement is a few seconds fast a day, I’m sure it could be regulated but it’s fine for my usage. My original one lead a tough life...multiple fights, falls down cliffs / hills and thousands and thousands of rounds...great watches.

Original one

Name:  34C4502F-630F-4328-9C4D-49D49F055F12.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  60.8 KB

New one

Name:  0F31A8A3-3256-4FF6-927F-895355693EB8.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  99.7 KB

Back from service today.

Name:  86E06D58-E6E5-4231-B0CB-CFD0A46D7D8D.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  49.1 KB

Site Supporter
    IIRC, Sinn’s steel has a super hard coating, but is not hardened all the way thru.

Damasko’s steel is not as hard as the Sinn’s coating but is hardened all the way thru.

https://wornandwound.com/side-side-s...-damasko-da36/

Both are great tool watches.

Quote Originally Posted by CPCleveland View Post
    Back from service today.
    Do tell more? How long have you had the watch, was the service preventive maintenance or was there an issue to be fixed?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Back from service today.

Name:  86E06D58-E6E5-4231-B0CB-CFD0A46D7D8D.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  49.1 KB
    Sinns look so fscking cool. They really do.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Sinns look so fscking cool. They really do.
    Indeed.... I am saving to buy a U1 for myself as a graduation present in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    IIRC, Sinn’s steel has a super hard coating, but is not hardened all the way thru.

Damasko’s steel is not as hard as the Sinn’s coating but is hardened all the way thru.

https://wornandwound.com/side-side-s...-damasko-da36/

Both are great tool watches.
    That’s an awesome article, I’ve never seen the various hardening processes broken down like that before. My Sinn 556 is definitely more scratch prone than the U1 or UX (and the UX has the DLC bezel which I think is even more resistant than the standard tegiment on the U1...556<U1<UX). From the description, the uniform hardening seems like it would be more durable against more catastrophic strikes/damage.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Do tell more? How long have you had the watch, was the service preventive maintenance or was there an issue to be fixed?
    Nope, nothing exciting. I bought it new back in 2014 so it was due some TLC. Luckily the mechanical Sinns don’t need a trip all the way to Germany like the UX will (eventually).

Nope, nothing exciting. I bought it new back in 2014 so it was due some TLC. Luckily the mechanical Sinns don’t need a trip all the way to Germany like the UX will (eventually).
    If you don't mind me asking, who did your servicing?

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, who did your servicing?
    It’s a couple presidents out of warranty, so I had a local watchmaker do the upkeep. Movement only (no seals). If I have water tightness issues in the future, I think it will go to RGM for a checkup (sounds like they’re the go to for Sinn here domestically).

User Tag List