Page 337 of 366 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

I expected that call to happen next year.

Ref#224270.

I was told it’s the first one they got.

Name:  IMG_6542.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  39.1 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Explorers. Yes and always

Also. And I don’t mean to rude. But everyone hates me anyway So, f*ck it

But if one is buying dive watch that isn’t a submariner- it’s a waste of time and money. And we know it because every watch in the category looks as much like a submariner as possible

Used market for Tudor and omega is trash. Used market for Rolex - still up.

If Rolex didn’t own Tudor they’d be just another hu hum brand. Don’t waste your energy on those place holders

You don’t need to suck off an AD to get a Sub. Got to chrono24. Get the newest, nicest, cheapest box and papers model. Yes it’ll be 1200-2000 Over retail. But that doesn’t matter. The Ad isn’t calling you. You can even buy it on affirm if you have to have it now. Yes. You’ll pay interest. Big boys pay to play. In a year your sub will still be a break even or small profit item should you need to sell. And you won’t have to live with wearing a lesser watch just due to availability.

Close out watch to celebrate something? No thank you.

Attachment 104836
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    My post was direct at young Cory- who said his ultimate goal is a submariner. For him -in my (useless) opinion - anything besides a submariner will always be a disappointment, save for being more accessible right now.
    I immediately knew you were talking to me. I take no offense, and definitely don't hate you or think you're hated around here.

I also think you're right. Nothing will be a submariner - and that's what I really want. A "sub"stitute would always be almost a sub.

But you're also wrong. Not financially possible right now. But my income is about to go up a few grand a month. So we'll see how it shakes out in a few months. Also, I'm not that young. Just starting a new career in LE at 31. So I'm young-ish. I think.

When I was a kid, my dad got a new watch, so he gave me his old one...his "first good watch" as he put it. Had it all through high school. A few years after I graduated, it stopped winding...manually winding it worked, but bleh. I gave it back to him, who gave it back to his jeweler...who sat on it for nearly 25 years before I pestered him to get it back from the black hole of a jeweler so I could find a repair shop and get it properly fixed. Fortunately...all this happened before he passed last year.

Rolliworks will be getting it hopefully sometime next week; it'll be nice to have it back among the living again:

Name:  IMG_1430-cropped.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  71.4 KB

Not long after my dad rescued that watch, he sent me the "new watch" he got that replaced the above in the first place. He wore it daily from 1980 until 1995 or 1996 or so, which was when he got into Breitlings...anyway, he sent me this, after being in storage for ...actually, just as long as the Tudor above was...

Name:  rolex-submariner-1.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  50.7 KB

Needs a good cleaning and servicing, and the bracelet needs a link or two taken out, but...it'll be nice to wear that on occasion, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    When I was a kid, my dad got a new watch, so he gave me his old one...his "first good watch" as he put it. Had it all through high school. A few years after I graduated, it stopped winding...manually winding it worked, but bleh. I gave it back to him, who gave it back to his jeweler...who sat on it for nearly 25 years before I pestered him to get it back from the black hole of a jeweler so I could find a repair shop and get it properly fixed. Fortunately...all this happened before he passed last year.

Rolliworks will be getting it hopefully sometime next week; it'll be nice to have it back among the living again:

Not long after my dad rescued that watch, he sent me the "new watch" he got that replaced the above in the first place. He wore it daily from 1980 until 1995 or 1996 or so, which was when he got into Breitlings...anyway, he sent me this, after being in storage for ...actually, just as long as the Tudor above was...

Needs a good cleaning and servicing, and the bracelet needs a link or two taken out, but...it'll be nice to wear that on occasion, too.
    That's fucking rad. Exactly the type of stuff that draws me to watches.

Watch I made at intium in Switzerland

Titanium big pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I expected that call to happen next year.

Ref#224270.

I was told it’s the first one they got.

Name:  IMG_6542.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  39.1 KB
    Nice! How’s it wear compare to the 214270?

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Nice! How’s it wear compare to the 214270?
    Very similar.

The differences are not at all immediately visible but more something you sense. The 214270 (the 39mm) wears smaller obviously but there's something slightly "clunky" to it, something that gives a sense that the proportions aren't quite as smooth. The 224270 seems seamless and proportioned just right.

There's a just details frankly (like the change in Subs from the 11 series to the 12 series -a 1/2 mm or less here and there. plus or minus) but for those who really pay attention you can see it, but I don't know that it really matters too much.

I thought you had 124270 (36mm)? is that the one you wanted the comparison made to?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Very similar.

The differences are not at all immediately visible but more something you sense. The 214270 (the 39mm) wears smaller obviously but there's something slightly "clunky" to it, something that gives a sense that the proportions aren't quite as smooth. The 224270 seems seamless and proportioned just right.

There's a just details frankly (like the change in Subs from the 11 series to the 12 series -a 1/2 mm or less here and there. plus or minus) but for those who really pay attention you can see it, but I don't know that it really matters too much.

I thought you had 124270 (36mm)? is that the one you wanted the comparison made to?
    Thanks for the feedback, I do have the 124270. Was just kind of curious as I knew you had the 39mm version too. I actually was in my AD today and they surprisingly had the 40 on display, it looked really good. I myself have grown to prefer a smaller watch but for those who don’t the 40mm looked great. Plus it has anti reflective treatment and a gloss dial which IMO is a nice addition compared to the previous 39mm.

Enjoy it, it looks great on your wrist!

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I do have the 124270. Was just kind of curious as I knew you had the 39mm version too. I actually was in my AD today and they surprisingly had the 40 on display, it looked really good. I myself have grown to prefer a smaller watch but for those who don’t the 40mm looked great. Plus it has anti reflective treatment and a gloss dial which IMO is a nice addition compared to the previous 39mm.

Enjoy it, it looks great on your wrist!
    Thank you.

To be fair, 1) I have the Mk1 version which has no lume on the 3-6-9 markers (giving it an interesting visual) and has shorter hands and 2) I find this "clunkiness" kinda charming, giving it more of a tool watch feel.

I think the 36mm is more stylish (being closer to dress watch size) and thus more versatile. After all, it shares the same performance and engine with the 40mm, while the latter, due to its size is evidently the more sporty of the two and sporty is what I wanted.

Your point about the gloss dial is excellent. Maybe you have noticed that in some low light (but not so low that lume is visible) the 3-6-9 markers seem to float over the a "bottomless" dial. I really like this effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

Sometimes old watches like this are worth more than new watches. People will pay more for a vintage used watch. Those are nice heirlooms.

User Tag List