Page 311 of 375 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

The rectangle.

Let's step away from our usual, and much loved sport watches, and have a look at two great watches, :-)

Some interesting history in that video.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Let's step away from our usual, and much loved sport watches, and have a look at two great watches, :-)

Some interesting history in that video.

EXCUSE ME but the JLC Reverso is a sport watch

For those who didn't get the joke, the JLC Reverso was originally intended for polo players. Reversing the watch was meant to protect the watch crystal during play.

(see here)

Site Supporter
    Name:  65B8838E-0258-4F0C-BD2E-4AD715AD5412.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  96.0 KB
    Picture of a GMT actually GMT-ing. Pilot watch actually piloting.

Representing the PF Orange!

From the cheap seats, these are cool watches. I now realize I need one with a positive digital display to help me see the time down to seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Representing the PF Orange!

From the cheap seats, these are cool watches. I now realize I need one with a positive digital display to help me see the time down to seconds.

That’s really attractive. Do you know the model number?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

GA2100-1A4

I was thinking of selling it... Send me a PM if you are interested. I don't want to, but not sure I need 3 of these things!

This is what I want next:
    GA2110ET-8A
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 11-18-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Well, it’s been quite a few months since we stood in line at the Honolulu swatch boutique for a MoonSwatch. The store has less than 100 watches for the 1000 people waiting. Since that boutique is in the mall we frequent, we stop in frequently to see if they have any. We are always met with an unhelpful, “No”.

Well. We’re in NYC for vacation and there’s a Swatch store at the World Trade Center mall a couple blocks from our hotel. We went in on Wednesday at about 1100 and asked about the watches. The helpful salesperson said that they get a box of random MoonSwatches every morning and we should come an hour before they open at 1000 to try and get one.

My son and I got there at 0900 and were the fifth in line. We had a great chat with a local that worked in the adjacent tower and finally were let in the door at 1015. They said that day they only got one color in:

My son immediately claimed it for himself and I ain’t mad at that [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Well, it’s been quite a few months since we stood in line at the Honolulu swatch boutique for a MoonSwatch. The store has less than 100 watches for the 1000 people waiting. Since that boutique is in the mall we frequent, we stop in frequently to see if they have any. We are always met with an unhelpful, “No”.

Well. We’re in NYC for vacation and there’s a Swatch store at the World Trade Center mall a couple blocks from our hotel. We went in on Wednesday at about 1100 and asked about the watches. The helpful salesperson said that they get a box of random MoonSwatches every morning and we should come an hour before they open at 1000 to try and get one.

My son and I got there at 0900 and were the fifth in line. We had a great chat with a local that worked in the adjacent tower and finally were let in the door at 1015. They said that day they only got one color in:

My son immediately claimed it for himself and I ain’t mad at that [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a great story, and you got the best color.

Some High Horology.

A clock powered by air pressure; one degree change in temperature winds the clock for 48hours.

Cons: once you've put it where you want it and calibrated it, it's too fragile to move. You should only use a feather duster to clean it.

This Reverso has four faces and 11 complications. Among them: moon phases for both the northern and southern hemisphere (accurate for about one thousand years), another that tracks the relative positions of the moon, the earth and the sun thus being able to accurately predict eclipses (accurate for 25 000 years), and a minute repeater.

Cons: only 100 will be made and each will cost 1 million dollars. I'm sure they are all already spoken for.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List