Page 362 of 375 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    My contribution to this thread is likely to be short and sweet. A little over 10 years ago I bought my first nice watch, and it's been the only thing to grace my wrist since. I've worn it with a tux (including on the night I met my wife no less), and I've worn it with trunks and sandals at the beach. I've yet to find a situation where it feels out of place. The Rolex Explorer ref 214270 Mk1 has become the one watch to rule them all for me.

Name:  IMG_3156.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  34.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Re Vaer:

Like them a lot. A lot of desired features in the sub 200-300USD space:

Sapphire Chrystal

Screw Down Crown so "100 M" water resistance is no joke

Usually ships with two quick change straps

USA Assembly@ 259USD

Nice Origin Story

And as a personal aside, they recent moved the fulfillment center to my metro area.

Frankly, That watch, with a "dressy" leather strap, would work for anything this side of a tux.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    My contribution to this thread is likely to be short and sweet. A little over 10 years ago I bought my first nice watch, and it's been the only thing to grace my wrist since. I've worn it with a tux (including on the night I met my wife no less), and I've worn it with trunks and sandals at the beach. I've yet to find a situation where it feels out of place. The Rolex Explorer ref 214270 Mk1 has become the one watch to rule them all for me.

I have the same watch, and while I've added the new 224270 to my collection, if I all I could get and keep was a 214270 mk1, I would be just fine.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

My friend's watch I shot for him

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Grail
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Rolex Explorer love
    I’m sure people are tired of me posting about it, but the Rolex Explorer 1 is just great. Does it all so well but holds enough visual uniqueness to keep it interesting.

I say all this and I almost bought a Sea Dweller 16600 this week 😂, but have come to my senses.

Name:  PenultimateFullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  47.9 KBName:  IMG_7689.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  43.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I’m sure people are tired of me posting about it, but the Rolex Explorer 1 is just great. Does it all so well but holds enough visual uniqueness to keep it interesting.

I say all this and I almost bought a Sea Dweller 16600 this week 😂, but have come to my senses.

I am not one of these people.

Keep posting.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post

Since you own what is arguably the most do it all watch ever made, please continue.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Nice one....purchased my Date Just new for 1400.00 back when, today it's 15K new........now that's an investment.

Site Supporter
    The comments below are easy for me to say because I do not presently own, nor have I ever owned a Rolex. I am hopeful to acquire a 41 OP with the Champagne Face and Gold markers at 6400USD retail from an AD by the time I retire in the next few years.

The non sea dweller/sub/gmt watches hold much more intrigue for me in that they are:

Often less expensive.
    Often more widely avail.
    Often fewer watches that are similar, homages and/or straight copies.

Those explorers are simply dynamite.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 03-21-2024 at 09:40 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List