Page 65 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am watch-ignorant and trust you opinion but need further explanation.
    I figured if someone was going to go through the trouble of commissioning a new watch line, especially for gun guys that like watches, that it would be of the mechanical self-winding kind. I was initially expecting something much closer to a Resco watch, as it was the first thing to pop into my mind when it comes to gun guys making watches.

I'm sure the BCM watch is very nice, I was just surprised by the quartz movement.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am watch-ignorant and trust you opinion but need further explanation.
    In watches, "automatic" means a mechanical movement which is powered by a compressed spring instead of a battery, and has a weighted rotor that spins when the watch is moved and compresses the spring with each rotation. The spring can also be compressed by winding the crown. People who are into watches tend to prefer mechanical movements over battery powered (quartz) movements, similar to folks who prefer revolvers and 1911s over glocks.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    People who are into watches tend to prefer mechanical movements over battery powered (quartz) movements, similar to folks who prefer revolvers and 1911s over glocks.
    That's a great analogy. (Coming from a die-hard Sinn/Oris/Omega guy, here)

Apropos of not much, but some here might find this pictorial about converting quartz watches over to liquid (oil) filled to be of interest: I think the guy is both brilliant, and possessed of a big brass pair, myself:

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/...pic.php?t=4960

Just for fun, and geeky entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    For the same price, or less if you catch a sale that will be coming soon, I'd snag a Lum-Tec.
    Lumtec ftw

As for watches that cost good money - if it aint automatic you are probably paying too much.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

New impact weapon. Seiko SUN019, Kinetic GMT tuna can with a subtle 47.5 mm case diameter.

Name:  res0002_zps3dd62bd7.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  67.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by YVK; 11-18-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Ha! I just tried one on last Tuesday...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Just ordered my first Citizen Eco Drive, I have several Orient Automatics, but don't know much about the Eco Drive. Anyone here wearing one? I got this one...

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/wa...del=AT2141-52L
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 11-23-2015 at 01:12 AM.

My girlfriend has worn the same Citizen Eco-Drive watch for the last 6 years. It's beat to shit, but it keeps good time, and the only attention it has ever had is me adjusting the date when she neglects to do so.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I have a Skyhawk and it just works, I think it's 8 years old now. Does the atomic radio thing, I'll set DST and that's it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just ordered my first Citizen Eco Drive, I have several Orient Automatics, but don't know much about the Eco Drive. Anyone here wearing one? I got this one...

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/wa...del=AT2141-52L
    I've been wearing a Citizen BM-6400e for about 6 years. Rugged, great looking and cheap. I find them used for $150-ish.

Okie John

User Tag List