Page 347 of 375 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Bought this with a stainless bracelet, swapped to a honey crocodile strap with deployment clasp.

Matched my suit, belt, tie, and shoes for my brother-from-another's wedding like a champ. Tied for my favorite watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Bought this with a stainless bracelet, swapped to a honey crocodile strap with deployment clasp.

Matched my suit, belt, tie, and shoes for my brother-from-another's wedding like a champ. Tied for my favorite watch.

Classy!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Does anyone know of a watch comparison site along the lines of Handgun Hero that lets you compare popular models side by side? My Google search is not turning anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Does anyone know of a watch comparison site along the lines of Handgun Hero that lets you compare popular models side by side? My Google search is not turning anything up.
    I wish there were but so far, I haven't found one either.

The closest thing you can get to that are the five minute reviews done at WatchBox Reviews. They do about 4 every day so that you have literally hundreds of models to compare and they give detailed specs plus a wrist shot to give you a good sense of how it wears. Every so often they put out some "head to head" reviews.

It's generally my "go to" if I want to learn about a watch.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'll bring the room down with this ChiCom, San Martin Tudor knockoff. 😀

Name:  20230922_110609.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  41.4 KB
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I wish there were but so far, I haven't found one either.

The closest thing you can get to that are the five minute reviews done at WatchBox Reviews. They do about 4 every day so that you have literally hundreds of models to compare and they give detailed specs plus a wrist shot to give you a good sense of how it wears. Every so often they put out some "head to head" reviews.

It's generally my "go to" if I want to learn about a watch.
    Thanks for that. Looks like quite the rabbit hole to go down in my "spare time".

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Thanks for that. Looks like quite the rabbit hole to go down in my "spare time".
    It really is.

On the other hand, the guy who does them (Tim Mosso, also a navy veteran) really knows what he's talking about. The information is as solid as you can get anywhere and it has helped me avoid some major mistakes.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Bulova Lunar Pilot

This is the newish 43mm version. A homage to the prototype Bulova chronometer that Dave Scott wore on the Apollo 15 mission. He wore his personally owned Bulova after his NASA issued Omega speedy broke.

Since this is has a tachymeter, I should have taken this picture with a race track in the background. Or a rocket launch pad. Alas, I took this in a hotel lobby…

Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  52.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Wearing this for a lazy Sunday on the couch with the family while the Prime rib rests.
    Name:  20231008_161130.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  24.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'll bring the room down with this ChiCom, San Martin Tudor knockoff. 😀

Name:  20230922_110609.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  41.4 KB
    Don’t sell yourself short on the knock-offs….. the only “Grail” timepiece I don’t own is a knock-off….. ironically enough. But I can’t justify the price I would have to pay to get the one I want. The actual genuine version is easier to find.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List