Page 308 of 375 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    In that space I can think of only two that I might counter with

A. Something by Damasko, also German and also with a hardened steel technology with choices in the sub 3k space.

B. Something by Doxa because it has a certain unique “iconicness” like Sinn.

C. All things being equal, It sounds like the Sinn is talking to you. Given the very narrow price dif between buying with a bracelet v a strap, I would go bracelet and get an OEM and/or quality aftermarket straps and drive on.

Let us know what you do.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I am the beneficiary of an unexpected financial windfall.

Talk me out of a Sinn U50.
    I love mine, wear it all day every day! As a matter of fact, I like it so much I sold several other Sinns (I have a problem!) since they weren't getting worn...

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    In that space I can think of only two that I might counter with

A. Something by Damasko, also German and also with a hardened steel technology with choices in the sub 3k space.

B. Something by Doxa because it has a certain unique “iconicness” like Sinn.

C. All things being equal, It sounds like the Sinn is talking to you. Given the very narrow price dif between buying with a bracelet v a strap, I would go bracelet and get an OEM and/or quality aftermarket straps and drive on.

Let us know what you do.
    I've wanted a DC66 as a hard-use chronograph, in kind of an abstract way, for a while. But the UX50 is really where it's at for me right now.

...the UX50 is really where it's at for me right now.
    Same, except it's the U50 for me. Unless a U50 Pro appears in the next few years, that will be my (early) retirement watch.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Same, except it's the U50 for me. Unless a U50 Pro appears in the next few years, that will be my (early) retirement watch.
    Ope, I meant U50. Not sure why I wrote UX50.

I am the beneficiary of an unexpected financial windfall.

The only times I wear my other nice watches are because I don't like the rubber watch band with long sleeves. I'd buy the bracelet and sell a few watches if the U50 bracelet didn't have that cheesy friction clasp. Then again, I wouldn't have bought either the U50 or the BB58 if the slim Pelagos was released first.

No can do.

You need the U50.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

All of the U50 talk led to this arriving today. I have a Seiko diver but have mostly been wearing my Garmin Fenix for years because I'm usually mountain biking later in the day. Back to an office setting this fall and I was ready for something nicer. Its light and just about the perfect size. I've had a few wrist surgeries so I'm definitely aware of anything too heavy.

Name:  PXL_20221102_205838667.MP.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  54.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    All of the U50 talk led to this arriving today. I have a Seiko diver but have mostly been wearing my Garmin Fenix for years because I'm usually mountain biking later in the day. Back to an office setting this fall and I was ready for something nicer. Its light and just about the perfect size. I've had a few wrist surgeries so I'm definitely aware of anything too heavy.

Name:  PXL_20221102_205838667.MP.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  54.7 KB
    Hot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

In a somewhat shallower part of the gene pool, we have the Seiko SRPG 27. A couple of hundred bucks on Amazon.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 3.36.54 PM.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  55.9 KB

The face is more subtle in person than you might expect from photos and illustrations online. Lume is easy to read when I'm ultra-groggy, which is nice.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List