Page 303 of 375 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I've got an early Pelagos that I love, but my wrist is over 7.5". Tudor is gonna sell a ton of no date, 39mm variants, for sure. Too bad it doesn't have the bracelet clasp of the larger model
    As someone who owns both a Pelagos and a Tudor with the T-Fit Clasp, I would take the T-Fit every time.

Thanks to Jason Heaton on IG, rocking the Scurfa today. Just fantastic for what it is and, especially, what it costs. Rubber is great for the summer but I’ll throw it back on the Ti bracelet soon, which is also great for the price bracket. My itch is scratched for divers as I keep tucking funds away for a Breitling.

Name:  F3B91E96-F1D0-4AF7-B461-A77101310590.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  28.1 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    For those who like Tudor watches, there is a new Pelagos in a 39mm case.

Pelagos 39

Pelagos 39 main page

I wish it were in grade 5 titanium, but it's not that big a deal, especially for the price.

more details about titanium for watches
    No, you are right. It should absolutely be grade 5. What were they thinking using Grade 3? Pass.

Also, I once had a chance to hook up with Jennifer Lawrence (the actress, but this was before she was famous), but then I noticed she had bony elbows so I said “no way” and dipped out to there.

The Pelagos 39 looks really good to me. The case thickness was one of the things that struck me about the Pelagos when I tried it on. The Rolex Sub seemed much slimmer. If the new Pelagos has that slimness on the wrist, it's a strong contender. I wish it hadn't lost the date function though, and I wish it came in blue.

The Pelagos is one of few decent watches I could probably make happen without being completely fiscally irresponsible. That or perhaps an Omega Seamaster professional, though I havent been able to try one on yet. I still want the Sub, but cant afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    The Pelagos 39 looks really good to me. The case thickness was one of the things that struck me about the Pelagos when I tried it on. The Rolex Sub seemed much slimmer. If the new Pelagos has that slimness on the wrist, it's a strong contender. I wish it hadn't lost the date function though, and I wish it came in blue.

The Pelagos is one of few decent watches I could probably make happen without being completely fiscally irresponsible. That or perhaps an Omega Seamaster professional, though I havent been able to try one on yet. I still want the Sub, but cant afford it.
    To help you:

Here's the thing though, considering the amount of money involved, you really need to love what you get. If the Sub is your dream watch, find a way to get one and don't get sidetracked by other watches that are nearly right, but aren't.

Personally, after watching that video, I find the Pelagos 39 to be kinda rough looking and inferior to the Sub, but priced accordingly.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

So I had a two day NV course this weekend. And I look at my watch this morning and it seems like bezel markers are afraid of the dark. [emoji1787]
    Last edited by theJanitor; 09-06-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not super uncommon with the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    That's not super uncommon with the older ones.
    This is a 2013 model I brought in from Canada. It's been through alot

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    For those who like Tudor watches, there is a new Pelagos in a 39mm case.

Pelagos 39

Pelagos 39 main page

I wish it were in grade 5 titanium, but it's not that big a deal, especially for the price.

more details about titanium for watches
    If they make a Pelagos 39 LHD or FUB, I won't be able to resist. Only miss in my opinion is the red accent text. It looks out of place. Should've been monochromatic like the original and the LHD should get the red "Pelagos" text.

ETA: Oh and I don't think they should've shrunk to 39mm. I think most of us wanted the exact same watch but thinner.

User Tag List