Page 289 of 375 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Heads up from WatchBuys:

$800 off the U50 SDR on rubber

ETA: This specific watch is marked down for the following reasons:

• This watch was sold to a customer and exhibited periodic stopping issues
    • Sinn fully serviced and tested the watch to correct these issues
    • It is in otherwise brand new and unworn condition and the strap has never been sized

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Heads up from WatchBuys:

$800 off the U50 SDR on rubber

ETA: This specific watch is marked down for the following reasons:

• This watch was sold to a customer and exhibited periodic stopping issues
    • Sinn fully serviced and tested the watch to correct these issues
    • It is in otherwise brand new and unworn condition and the strap has never been sized
    Gone
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    I’m seriously considering an LHD or Blue Pelagos as a fishing watch to replace the BB GMT. Someone talk me out of it.

Attachment 90443
    I love my Blue Pelagos. That Pepsi is on my shortlist as well, they would make a great pair.

Site Supporter
    Name:  20220624_103313.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  31.6 KB

Duro day, on a “NATO Green” from Zulu Alpha. Really liking the ZA approach to straps and I believe the cost is justified.

Although I do need to buy something from Erika’s Originals.

Name:  4E6FCFDC-504F-4CCE-AA6F-50D9B54D2BE7.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  26.7 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

New Band on an Old Mako

I got tired of the original silver bracelet, so I put a Tropic Rubber FKM strap on my old Orient Mako. It's funny how a new band can make it seem like a whole new watch.

Name:  Mako with FKM strap.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  21.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Iconic if rather inexpensive. HFD present.

Name:  B5FBE36D-F37C-4B63-A039-73DF661D5243.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  58.2 KB
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I went to DavidSW in Orlando today. I tried on a Rolex sub-date and a Tudor Pelagos. I forgot to take any pictures.

I was suprised at how much I liked the Pelagos. The Sub's bezel and cyclops were really great... but the sub seemed a lot flashier. I've got awhile before purchase. Also, apparently I would links removed for my wrist.

They seemed to be pulling a fast one with the definition of "new" and charging grey prices. Still felt like it was great to see them in person.

We don't go to Orlando often. So we went to DavidSW, took a helicopter ride, and then wound up at another Rolex place called Mayers. I tried on the Pelagos and the Sub again. Altgougj a Rolex AD they only had a used 2015 sub-date. For 19k. Even more than DavidSW.

I like the Sub's size and cyclops. I like the Pelagos weight, and less flash. I also tried a Black Bay 58, really liked it but wish it had a date.

We wound up leaving for food before I could check out the Breitling and Omega stores. I'm in no rush, we'll check them out next time.

Name:  1375517595.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  41.5 KBName:  83.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  40.8 KB
    Last edited by Cory; 06-25-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I went to DavidSW in Orlando today. I tried on a Rolex sub-date and a Tudor Pelagos. I forgot to take any pictures.

I was suprised at how much I liked the Pelagos. The Sub's bezel and cyclops were really great... but the sub seemed a lot flashier. I've got awhile before purchase. Also, apparently I would links removed for my wrist.

They seemed to be pulling a fast one with the definition of "new" and charging grey prices. Still felt like it was great to see them in person.
    The sub seemed flashier because of the polished parts (off the top of my head: crown guards, sides of the case and sides of bezel -the numbers in the bezel are PVded platinum and the ceramic of the bezel has a natural shine- and the indices on the dial are white gold to eliminate oxydation) in the bright lights of the shop. Wear it outside and in your home for a few days and that "flash" disappears (it will reappear in the bright lights of your bathroom).

It looks like you're trying the previous generation sub, #116610, right?

As an aside, have you thought about the Explorer 1? the new 36mm is unobtanium at retail but the previous gen (#214270 at 39mm) is classic, full of history, discreet, flat, simple and rugged (also 100m water resistance and antimagnetic).
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List