Page 172 of 375 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Looking for ideas here...

Now that I’m dating again, I occasionally wear dress shirts that don’t play nice with my usual Seiko Monster or other automatic. I have a couple old Citizen Stilettos (all but one need servicing) that work for dress, but I think I’d like something new just because.

Can anyone think of a current production very thin square or rectangular stainless cased sapphire crystal quartz watch similar to a Stiletto that doesn’t break the bank? I’m not coming up with anything, so I may try having one of my Stilettos overhauled and restrap it with leather and a deployant buckle.

Not my pic, but this is a Stiletto:

Name:  816DF9F2-2CE0-4EF7-A9A7-68993C9FDAB3.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  20.5 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Looking for ideas here...

Now that I’m dating again, I occasionally wear dress shirts that don’t play nice with my usual Seiko Monster or other automatic. I have a couple old Citizen Stilettos (all but one need servicing) that work for dress, but I think I’d like something new just because.

Can anyone think of a current production very thin square or rectangular stainless cased sapphire crystal quartz watch similar to a Stiletto that doesn’t break the bank? I’m not coming up with anything, so I may try having one of my Stilettos overhauled and restrap it with leather and a deployant buckle.

Not my pic, but this is a Stiletto:

Name:  816DF9F2-2CE0-4EF7-A9A7-68993C9FDAB3.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  20.5 KB
    A couple options.
    Tonneau case/shape is a good filter when searching.
    Seiko
    Frederique Constant
    Last edited by JodyH; 02-11-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A couple options.
    Tonneau case/shape is a good filter when searching.
    Seiko
    Frederique Constant
    Great leads - thanks! I’m going to chase down that series of Seiko, that’s very close to what I have in mind.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    During my recent work trip to Grand Cayman, I fell in love with the understated Bremont Solo. A very beautiful and practical piece for those interested in a luxury watch at a reasonable price point.

Attachment 34829
    This reminded me of a picture from my honeymoon:

Got to take my Vostok to the communist motherland in Cuba!
    Last edited by perlslacker; 02-11-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Lightweight Watch Recommendation

While I have a few heavy stainless and gold watches, they usually get out only on Ceremonial Occasions.

My daily wear is a Marathon "general purpose quartz" in "fibershell case" that weighs very little.
    The problem is, it quit running one day last week. I twiddled the stem and when set to the correct time, it started right back up. Battery is pretty fresh. That is OK for now, but my confidence was damaged. This is my third Marathon; no 1 was a gift, no 2 was a sentimental replacement after no 1 was destroyed in the fire of The Incident, no 3 is a warranty replacement after no 2 died a month short of the guarantee. So I am not much inclined to repeat the experiment if this one goes out entirely.

But what is the alternative? Timex? I have one of those, too. It keeps time which is about all I really need short of a dinner party.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    But what is the alternative? Timex?
    Casio G-Shock available in a ridiculous number of variations.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Most look bulky if not heavy.

I found an ad for a Victorinox watch that suits.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

But what is the alternative? Timex? I have one of those, too. It keeps time which is about all I really need short of a dinner party.
    I'm still loving my seiko solar.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm still loving my seiko solar.
    I wore a slim Seiko on a leather band for many years in my younger days. It was bulletproof.

Name:  FEA61395-6680-47F0-AEBD-B2075B710151.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  45.7 KB
    I have to try this
    Resco Gen 1 Patriot
    H-D 2010 FLHTP
    Sig 229R 40 on hip

User Tag List