Page 15 of 377 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

We are diminished
    Depends a lot on you and your clothes and how you wear them. I've worn my 45.5 Planet Ocean (don't know thickness off the top of my head) many times in dress clothes.

Anybody has a good intel on this watch? For some reason, I find the photos and official info captivating.

We are diminished
    One of my must own someday watches. Beautiful and technologically fascinating, the GS GMT uses their proprietary Spring Drive movement that gives quartz accuracy with mechanical "feel." The second hand sweeps rather than ticks.

They're pricey, you cannot get warranty service in the U.S. (last I knew, anyway), and they're a bit shiny. But overall just an incredible watch. I'd take one over a Rolex GMT in a heartbeat.

edit to add: You might also want to look at the SDBD001, the Seiko 600m Spring Drive dive watch:

I figured I'd revive the thread on this note:

Due to all the high class jerks on this thread I am almost set on using my next bonus to purchase a used Sinn 556 or Damasko DA36.

This is from someone who couldn't be troubled to wear a g-shock a few weeks ago. Now I'm lusting after various German pilot watches, looking at price tags that would buy me a second P30 and saying "do I really want to settle?"

JERKS, EVERY ONE OF YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Submariner I've had since '93.

Ted ... I want your watch.

However, these will do for now.

This Luminox doesn't even compare to the tickers in this thread but was my gift to myself when my daughter was born in 2003. The wife got a wedding band that matches mine.

Surprisingly though, this one (my everyday watch) gets more compliments. It's pretty weird when a dude waiter at a restaurant or the girl at work (that's watch shopping for her husband) asks about your watch.

Perfect. I have been avoiding reading this thread for the couple of months that I have been here but I had to decompress after reading a stupid thread on another board, and now I want a watch. I haven't worn one for years, but from about 11 years old to late 20's I never went without one. I never had one fancier than a Timex, either, but now I have watch lust. *sigh*
    Last edited by Serenity; 05-06-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: too lazy to preview

Owned Rolex, Breitling, Omega. Sold all of them and kept a Panerai. Funny thing is I wear my Suunto or G-Shock 99% of the time. Don't like bling, both are so light I don't notice them.

Both are negative dials (black background) the one shown is not dead, just at an angle where the time isn't readable. Wear this one the most.

Considering a Seiko SNK809K2. Thoughts?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Considering a Seiko SNK809K2. Thoughts?
    Nice,
    Classic looking watch. I don't think you'll be disappointed with a seiko automatic. I bought an SKX173 a couple years ago for a steal and it's been rock solid. The 7s26 movement isn't as smooth or refined as the more expensive ETA movements found in most of the higher end watches, and you'll get the Hardlex crystal instead of sapphire. But the damn things can handle some abuse and generally keep great time. Mine gains about 15 seconds a week with constant wear. Get it.

Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    Owned Rolex, Breitling, Omega. Sold all of them and kept a Panerai. Funny thing is I wear my Suunto or G-Shock 99% of the time. Don't like bling, both are so light I don't notice them.

Both are negative dials (black background) the one shown is not dead, just at an angle where the time isn't readable. Wear this one the most.
    What knife is that? ZT ???

User Tag List