Page 197 of 366 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3660

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Any thoughts from the hive regarding this inexpensive automatic?
    Seiko SRPC93

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    I bought the SRPB53 Samurai about 6 months ago and I'm very pleased with the watch. I've found that it is about 10 seconds slow over 24 hours but I'm going to give it a few more months to see if it'll settle in. I wear it every day and I'd buy another in a moment if I had to replace it.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 12-07-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Long Island Watch recently released their Islander dive models, 38mm and 43mm. Homages to the discontinued Seiko SKX series but with updates like hacking/handwinding, sapphire crystal, ceramic lumed bezel and solid center and end links. SKX013 38mm, ISL-06 38mm and Mini Turtle 42mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by APS-PF; 12-07-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    These two came in today. I didn't realize that the Timex face lit up.

That other watch is not what it seems.

Indiglo is Timex own Electroluminescent backlight system.

Simong.

So, I asked my wife for an automatic for Christmas this year and I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ll probably get it. Based on the watch I asked her for (an SKX007 variant) and the watches she showed me asking which I preferred from the place she was ordering the watch from, it’ll most likely be this: https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/p...5sports/srpd51

I’ve had mixed luck with metal bracelets and I’m willing to give this one a shot. But in the event that it rips wrist hairs out like a baby ripping beard hair out, I’ll want to go NATO strap. Given this is a slightly nicer watch than my grandfather’s beat to hell budget Timex, I’ll want a nicer NATO strap than Crown & Buckle’s base NATO strap. Any recommendations?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Given this is a slightly nicer watch than my grandfather’s beat to hell budget Timex, I’ll want a nicer NATO strap than Crown & Buckle’s base NATO strap. Any recommendations?
    cheapestnatostraps.com, somewhat counterintuitively, makes really nice straps for prices which compete well with Amazon prices, including shipping to the US from Sweden. I have two of them, one from their regular line and one from their premium line; both have worked very well and neither seems to stretch with use.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So, I asked my wife for an automatic for Christmas this year and I have a sneaking suspicion that I’ll probably get it. Based on the watch I asked her for (an SKX007 variant) and the watches she showed me asking which I preferred from the place she was ordering the watch from, it’ll most likely be this: https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/p...5sports/srpd51

I’ve had mixed luck with metal bracelets and I’m willing to give this one a shot. But in the event that it rips wrist hairs out like a baby ripping beard hair out, I’ll want to go NATO strap. Given this is a slightly nicer watch than my grandfather’s beat to hell budget Timex, I’ll want a nicer NATO strap than Crown & Buckle’s base NATO strap. Any recommendations?
    I use these guys. Texas company. Great customer service and they really stood behind a problem I had on Amazon.

Check this out at Amazon.com
    20mm Khaki Long - BARTON Watch Bands - Ballistic Nylon NATO Style Straps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IO2OCQ8..._jru7Db5KD5HW6

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    These two came in today. I didn't realize that the Timex face lit up.

That other watch is not what it seems.

Mine showed up Friday, and the cheap Amazon NATO today. I like Timex Indiglo, and I’m not nervous shooting magnums with these:

Name:  9C1F835B-04F1-40DF-98AB-5A4BCC520970.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  64.4 KB

The NATO is lighter in color than I had hoped, so I’ll keep an eye out for a darker tan one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    cheapestnatostraps.com, somewhat counterintuitively, makes really nice straps for prices which compete well with Amazon prices, including shipping to the US from Sweden. I have two of them, one from their regular line and one from their premium line; both have worked very well and neither seems to stretch with use.
    Thanks for the lead - I just ordered a few different straps for this Timex.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Long Island Watch recently released their Islander dive models, 38mm and 43mm. Homages to the discontinued Seiko SKX series but with updates like hacking/handwinding, sapphire crystal, ceramic lumed bezel and solid center and end links. SKX013 38mm, ISL-06 38mm and Mini Turtle 42mm.
    Marc at www.longislandwatch.com is a good guy and has a pretty informative, although a bit quirky, YouTube channel. He wanted to build a better SKX (now that they are discontinued) and by all reports and indications, he has done exactly that. Check him out for sure.

Site Supporter

Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks for the lead - I just ordered a few different straps for this Timex.
    You’re welcome.
    Last edited by Le Français; 12-08-2019 at 03:35 PM.

User Tag List