Page 195 of 375 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    I've had a ton of cheap watches over the years and most of them kept decent time. They usually got retired because they got to looking really bad and the crystal was all scarred up. Ironically, the two "good" watches I've owned both died very soon after I got them and they both needed annual repairs until I got tired of paying to keep them going when a Timex worked until it looked terrible.
    It depends on what you mean by "good." Lots of watches at entry-level "good" watch prices are crap, like MVMT. Seiko and Citizen should have quartz watches that look good and take a beating while not costing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The No Time to Die Omega was posted yesterday. Titanium case, faux aged look, and $9,200 with bracelet. I don't hate it at all. I really dug the last one, but being closer to an existing model, the '57, it was a little more meh.

Omega does fauxtina very well, though it's not necessarily my thing.

I don't like NATO straps and I'm not a fan of that bracelet though I think it's appropriate to the (effectively faux) military vintage of the watch. Points for the military marking arrow above the 6 o'clock minute index

Having superluminova on the bezel is nice.

It's a new watch that looks like an old watch that never was, to paraphrase a prominent Youtuber of watches.

I like it but I won't buy one.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'll add that this is the first Seamaster I've seen where the skeleton sword hands didn't immediately turn me off.

Direct link for the oh-meee-ga

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...21090422001001

I like the aged look, I enjoy when companies add this to their existing models. I don't like that it's 42mm. They couldn't make it 43 or 44?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I'll add that this is the first Seamaster I've seen where the skeleton sword hands didn't immediately turn me off.
    That's the new design used in the, I believe 2018, line of Diver 300s.

I kinda like them.

You can see mine on post #1890 of this thread for comparison.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Direct link for the oh-meee-ga

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...21090422001001

I don't like that it's 42mm. They couldn't make it 43 or 44?
    That's more their Planet Ocean line.

I think the 42mm size works right for what it is and is meant to be, as I find the proportions of tha dial and hands work well with that size. They do have a Seamaster Diver 300 chronograph sub-line in 44mm that you may like more.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    ...and already delivered.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    That's more their Planet Ocean line.

I think the 42mm size works right for what it is and is meant to be, as I find the proportions of tha dial and hands work well with that size. They do have a Seamaster Diver 300 chronograph sub-line in 44mm that you may like more.
    Planet Ocean is nice, but it wears super weird.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Planet Ocean is nice, but it wears super weird.
    I think it's that they're thick but with narrow lug to lug space. Kinda like it's big but it's small at the same time.

Still, I'm going to take a hard look at the planet Ocean GMT, the black and white. You can't beat trying it on the wrist to find out if it's for you.

I tried this guy on, and I LOVED it:

User Tag List