Page 204 of 373 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3729

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Name:  2ED013FA-4C18-489A-A4DE-66E421FFF3B0.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  80.2 KB
    Seiko Monster on a NATO, very happy with it so far.

I finally acquired the watch I have been wanting for a long time. Omega Seamaster 2531.80

Name:  DSC_1790.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  36.1 KB

A NATO strap fit question if anyone knows...

I have large wrists, and all of the NATOs I’ve tried are too short between the buckle and the split which places the buckle on the side of my wrist instead of the center. This causes the watch to want to rotate. Centering the watch on my wrist places the buckle in an uncomfortable position on the side of my wrist. With bracelets I can control this by moving links, but not with the NATOs I’ve found so far - and I’ve been looking on and off for a few years now.

Is anyone aware of long NATO straps that increase the distance between buckle and split instead of just adding to the tail end? The NATOs that cause the problem measure around 65mm from the tip of the buckle to the split. I’ve tried a few over the years labeled as long, but they just have longer tails... Someone has to make these.

Name:  8A84A462-B632-405F-AE6A-618177278C36.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  19B98DAA-1E4B-4B11-B09F-7E7D39462AA0.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  41.3 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A NATO strap fit question if anyone knows...

I have large wrists, and all of the NATOs I’ve tried are too short between the buckle and the split which places the buckle on the side of my wrist instead of the center. This causes the watch to want to rotate. Centering the watch on my wrist places the buckle in an uncomfortable position on the side of my wrist. With bracelets I can control this by moving links, but not with the NATOs I’ve found so far - and I’ve been looking on and off for a few years now.

Is anyone aware of long NATO straps that increase the distance between buckle and split instead of just adding to the tail end? The NATOs that cause the problem measure around 65mm from the tip of the buckle to the split. I’ve tried a few over the years labeled as long, but they just have longer tails... Someone has to make these.
    I'd just convert it to a single pass and position it however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'd just convert it to a single pass and position it however you want.
    But with single pass you lose the inherent NATO security.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    But with single pass you lose the inherent NATO security.
    Do you? Wouldn’t the strap still retain the watch to your wrist if one spring bar failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Do you? Wouldn’t the strap still retain the watch to your wrist if one spring bar failed?
    Actually, you have a point - it’s one of those “common wisdom” things I’ve never questioned. But, at that point why not just use a simple single strap? It may be my best option...
    Ken

Actually, you have a point - it’s one of those “common wisdom” things I’ve never questioned. But, at that point why not just use a simple single strap? It may be my best option...
    You sound like a zulu candidate.

https://www.toxicnatos.com/products/...nt=16626969857

https://www.toxicnatos.com/collectio...steel-hardware
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Fancy watch is diver style Eco-Drive Citizen with obvious homages to the submariner. I think beyond the bling, and from research, it's a better watch than the submariner when it comes to keeping time and being a durable wrist anchor. Dressy gets the stock band, if I'm feeling frisky it gets a nato 1pc 3 ring which is absolutely the more functional/utilitarian band. Watch purchased on the gray market with no regrets.

(The guys on style-forum are generally not a fan of thinking NATO bands, or divers for that matter, are real dress watches. I agree. It's that style rule thing and you have to pick the one to break I suppose)

At my current net worth my beater watch (fixing my roof, working with an angle grinder or repairing a car) is a cheap casio gitmo special. I use a map, map tool, compass and gps instead of a pathfinder or g-shock.

I would love a pile of maratacs, vintage seikos and watches from omega and sinn. Maybe in the next life.

Yeah, I know I'm limited to two watches, and that's like limiting yourself to only owning two guns.
    Last edited by SLUZENE; 02-26-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Does anyone have any experience with Bertucci watches? I was looking at “retiring” my grandfather’s Timex Expedition for weekend/beater use that I inherited for something relatively inexpensive yet durable, light, easy to wear, and something that could be modestly dressed up in a pinch.

I was specifically looking at either the A-1s or the A-2s. Given their longer than average lug to lug length, I wasn’t sure which case size might be appropriate/comfortable.

User Tag List