Page 361 of 375 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Nice. That’s the one that got away- I ended up getting the Khaki Pilot GMT instead.

Would have gone great with this…

Attachment 116200
    Do you have a link to the Khaki Pilot GMT?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yesterday the wife, son, and I were out to eat at a waterfront place. She works with affluant elected people a lot, but we aren't truly on their affluence level.

One of them who is pretty influential was at the same spot and everyone made manners with one another. I complemented his Rolex Sub (the 3rd I saw at that place) and he was obviously shocked that I had picked up on it. More so when I mentioned the waitlists etc. The wife think it was good rapport building for her.

I still can't afford one, and thats not looking up. But I definitely still want one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you have a link to the Khaki Pilot GMT?
    https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-us/...aki-pilot.html

Looks like it’s discontinued now but there’s still some floating around. I decided on it to tide me over while saving for some grail watches. It’s pretty underrated as it uses the same case and parent movement (ETA 2893-2) as the Omega Seamasters. For about 20% of the cost. I wanted a GMT movement as our flight schedules were all written in UTC. Didn’t have to do math on the road.

BTW, still waiting on this one to be built
    Name:  IMG_6608.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  50.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    https://www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-us/...aki-pilot.html

Looks like it’s discontinued now but there’s still some floating around. I decided on it to tide me over while saving for some grail watches. It’s pretty underrated as it uses the same case and parent movement (ETA 2893-2) as the Omega Seamasters. For about 20% of the cost. I wanted a GMT movement as our flight schedules were all written in UTC. Didn’t have to do math on the road.

BTW, still waiting on this one to be built
    Name:  IMG_6608.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  50.7 KB
    1) let's hear about the watch in the photo.

2) it is totally cool to have a watch rotation if not a carry rotation!

3) manual wind or quartz seems easier if you have a few watches? Thoughts.

PS: I just ordered one of these as a do most everything watch:

https://www.marathonwatch.com/produc...s-on-dial-41mm
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    When comparing movements with the same model number, keep in mind that ETA and Sellita movements are offered in four different grades: standard, elaborated, top, and chronometer. Top and chronometer are very close but chronometer requires independent testing of the movement. In general, if the grade of movement is not specified, standard can usually be assumed.

https://calibercorner.com/eta-grades/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    1) let's hear about the watch in the photo.

2) it is totally cool to have a watch rotation if not a carry rotation!

3) manual wind or quartz seems easier if you have a few watches? Thoughts.

PS: I just ordered one of these as a do most everything watch:

https://www.marathonwatch.com/produc...s-on-dial-41mm
    Nice Marathon! I really like the idea of tritium lume but prefer larger cases than Marathon makes. They make a model that’s actually still in our system to be able to issue to pilots but we’d have to return it when leaving the unit.

The watch pictured is a IWC MKXVIII in a configuration only purchasable by Naval Aviators. It’s based on the Top Gun models but has some differences, specifically the blue dial and the Pilots wings at the 9. They are made upon request and are taking about two years from order to be delivered. I’m at almost a year in my wait. The above picture was sent from a Harrier buddy flaunting his!

As to the rotation, I have two trains of thought that match my gun thoughts. Additional to the agreement on always carrying the same gun. Part of me appreciates a diverse field of watches/guns/knives and would like to have a model for each use case. The other side finds appeal in only a select few watches/guns/knives that get used for everything. I try to find balance in only selecting a few models; lately it’s become a watch and gun for each kid I have- that way they have memories of me actually using or wearing said objects. They get pretty beat up and lose value but gain patina and character from use.

This kinda ties in with your third comment: the below Citizen Nighthawk (bought in ‘12 on deployment in Africa - completely scratched up and I literally wore the steel bracelet out) has become my daylight/ beater/weekend watch and is perfect for that due to the solar quartz movement. I 1000% believe there’s a place in a collection for a solid quartz watch. My Hamilton is the work watch due to high lume/GMT and wearing it keeps the movement wound. However I can also believe that the sort of person who would have multiple automatic watches would be the sort that would also either buy a winder or enjoy the process of setting the time when changing watches.

Name:  IMG_6619.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  52.6 KB

Agree a solar quartz watch is hard to beat for a beater day time watch, set it and forget it. More functions then you’ll ever need and as long as it gets some light it will continue to run for a very very long time.

My wife bought me this Citizen Navihawk back in 2016, it’s got a busy face but with automatic time keeping and power meter as long as it’s in the light for a bit you never have to think about it, it’s always right.

Wore the original strap out in just a few years, wasn’t the best design. Went with a Luminox hook and lop strap that has worked out well.

Last edited by Crusader; 03-18-2024 at 10:49 AM.

Now one for me
    Name:  20240313_181212_cropped.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  50.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Any experiences good/bad with Vaer?

I'm looking at this one to replace my EDC Seiko SNE331.. LINK.
    Partly just for some newness, more for getting rid of the annoying date...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Any experiences good/bad with Vaer?

I'm looking at this one to replace my EDC Seiko SNE331.. LINK.
    Partly just for some newness, more for getting rid of the annoying date...

The watch you linked is solar and the watch in the review is battery powered. The review should otherwise be useful.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/v...#post-55977009
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List