Page 183 of 373 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3727

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Seiko Samurai.

“I was wearing this Rolex the minute you were born...”

And that’s why - respectfully - there’s no room in my collection for place holders.

Name:  72430E62-81E9-4B12-8AC8-8682E22FDAAA.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  42.5 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 07-22-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Attachment 40385

Just got this today, I love my dive watches, but all of the mechanicals I have are all, - anywhere from 2-4 minutes a month, I did'nt want a battery operated quartz, because you need to change the battery every couple years, and every time you open up a watch to change the battery, any water resistance rating it has may be compromised..So, I thought I'd give the Eco-drive a whirl, I'm not seeing a downside here, quartz accuracy, (+ - 20 seconds a month) decent water resistance, (200m) screw down crown, and from what I've read the power source they use is supposedly good for 10 years. Simply wearing it out in the light will charge it..
    I posted this deal here on Amazon Prime day, I got the same watch and another one in Black (my son) excellent watch for the money.
    I got another Eco drive Citizen 20 + years ago still works like a champ on same original battery.

Simong.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Seiko Samurai.
    Beautiful watch. I'm hesitant to buy a Seiko Automatic watch because I really don't know how accurate and reliable is the automatic movement.
    I got few Automatics like Omega, Glycine Panerai.
    I keep going back to my Citizen Luminox Seiko Kinetic, Quartz type of watch.

Simong.

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Beautiful watch. I'm hesitant to buy a Seiko Automatic watch because I really don't know how accurate and reliable is the automatic movement.
    I got few Automatics like Omega, Glycine Panerai.
    I keep going back to my Citizen Luminox Seiko Kinetic, Quartz type of watch.

Simong.
    I have 2 watches with Seiko automatic movements in them, one is a Seiko Orange monster, the other is a Deep Blue, Deep Blue uses Seiko movements, with their cases, straps, faces, etc. Anyway, both of these watches lose 4 minutes a month.. from what I can find out, that's within Seiko's tolerance's. The Seiko movements are super reliable, I never had a problem with either, but both of my examples aren't really all that accurate..

OTOH I've got a cheapo Invicta diver, that has a Mitoyuo movement, that loses 2 minutes a month.. I also have a Steinhart Ocean One, a Swiss made watch with a ETA movement, I've been wearing it for about 2 years, it started out losing about 1 1/2 minutes a month, which as I wore it, turned into 2 minutes a month, and within the last few months has increased to 3 minutes a month, I know I've been out shooting my .45 a few times with it on, so, I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. I like the mechanicals, but, compared to a quartz movement, the accuracy just isn't there.. That's why I'm giving the Eco-Drive a shot, it has quartz accuracy, but dosen't need battery changes every couple of years either..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-23-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    Seiko Orange monster
    I had to go looking... and found a different must-have...

Name:  c8f2ecec-b3f0-4dc6-bcae-f2ec48a006a1.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  39.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I had to go looking... and found a different must-have...

Name:  c8f2ecec-b3f0-4dc6-bcae-f2ec48a006a1.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  20190723_093313.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  61.2 KB

Roy, just so we're on the same page, this is a Orange Monster, the paint around the bezel came off from use, (I wore this watch for about 5 years) and while it never failed to run, as I said above, this is a 4 minute a month watch.. It was that way when new, it never lost any more time, it always stayed at losing 4 minutes a month..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-23-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Roy, just so we're on the same page, this is a Orange Monster, the paint around the bezel came off from use, (I wore this watch for about 5 years) and while it never failed to run, as I said above, this is a 4 minute a month watch.. It was that way when new, it never lost any more time, it always stayed at losing 4 minutes a month..
    Copy that.... Didn't mean to imply that the image I posted was the Orange Monster... Sry
    If you click on my image above it'll take you to the Amazon UK page for that Solar Seiko... "Like"
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Copy that.... Didn't mean to imply that the image I posted was the Orange Monster... Sry
    If you click on my image above it'll take you to the Amazon UK page for that Solar Seiko... "Like"
    Ahh, I see.. you're kinda thinking along the same lines I am, with a solar powered watch..

Site Supporter
    Ahh, I see.. you're kinda thinking along the same lines I am, with a solar powered watch..
    I already own this solar Seiko. Like it lots. Would like it more with orange numbers/letters/marks.

ETA: I don't care much about accuracy over time... so I'm not sure how good a timekeeper it is. When I put it on, I check it against my phone and adjust if needed (rarely).
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 07-23-2019 at 12:08 PM.

User Tag List