Page 295 of 375 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    What have people's experiences been with LÜM-TEC watches? I know their not super high-end like some people prefer, but a couple models have caught my eye.

(@Clusterfrack I still pine for the bronze one you have/had)
    I like mine a lot. It’s my only watch. I’ve treated it very roughly. Still waterproof, and apparently shockproof. Not a perfect timekeeper but whatever.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    lol If the jumbo was available in anthracite I'd be wearing it right now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The Aqua Terra is a great watch but it has two problems that bug me. One, it has no tool-less adjustments to the bracelet (like the rolex glide-lock or Easy Link) so it gets really tight when its hot and humid (unless one prefers to wear it loose to begin with). Two, the hands, while very easy to see in daylight, aren't so much when the light is low and the lume is basically two little blobs that can't tell you anything. Then again, I don't have young eyes anymore.
    The lack of micro adjustment I can deal with but I can't read my blue dial Aqua Terra 38mm like 20% of the time during the day and it really pisses me off more than it should. I wear my blue Black Bay 36 most of the time because it's so darn readable.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    CF

Love the patina of life on the case of that watch.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    What have people's experiences been with LÜM-TEC watches? I know their not super high-end like some people prefer, but a couple models have caught my eye.
    No issues with mine. The battery needs replaced and I'm trying to decide if I should send it in or do it myself. I have the tools but they do offer free replacement and will change seals and whatnot if needed. I'm only hesitant because I don't have a lot of trust in shipping companies these days.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    No issues with mine. The battery needs replaced and I'm trying to decide if I should send it in or do it myself. I have the tools but they do offer free replacement and will change seals and whatnot if needed. I'm only hesitant because I don't have a lot of trust in shipping companies these days.
    I sent mine in for a battery replacement. Ended up calling after a while as I hadn't heard anything. If I remember correctly they had emailed me pretty quickly to pay for return shipping, but it ended up in the spam folder.

Doesn't really help with the mistrust of the shipper but lum-tec was easy to deal with. I like both of mine and like that they are a little American company.

I need to quit looking at Sinn watches. The U2-T is hugely appealing, the GMT (or wherever) complication would be a great feature.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I need to quit looking at Sinn watches. The U2-T is hugely appealing, the GMT (or wherever) complication would be a great feature.
    It's very handy to have a second independent time zone and it's very unobtrusive. You really don't see it unless you're looking for it. I've been a happy U2 owner since something like 2008. Get ya one, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    It's very handy to have a second independent time zone and it's very unobtrusive. You really don't see it unless you're looking for it. I've been a happy U2 owner since something like 2008. Get ya one, you won't be disappointed.
    Oh man, you’re not helping…

I’m a ham, and having a watch that does UTC would be useful.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Walked into the Rolex dealer to inquire about a Sea Dweller. They laughed. Took my name and smiled. Must be very strange to be a Rolex dealer these days, with the only watches in the case labeled, “Not for sale”
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List