Page 285 of 375 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Site Supporter
    I need another watch like I need a hole in the head but those Marathons are really speaking to me. I use the 24hr format on everything I can and I never knew this kind of watch face was an option. I keep telling myself I'm not going to buy one but...what's the general view on the Marathon watches as far as quality and value goes?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Buy one and I'll swap bezels with you lol
    Sold out.

There seem to be a metric shit ton of U50s for sale on WatchRecon any given day at fairly reasonable prices. Personally, I think the U2 brings a lot more to the table than the U1 or U50 for not much more money, but obviously opinions vary.

There's a Sinn dealer in Hong Kong. It was the first time I got to see all the models in person, at the same time

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    For the 8th grader. In the sub 1000 space, I am very big on Hamilton and Tissot.
    It doesn't have the name recognition but I'd include Mido with those two. Same price range, quality, and shares the same 80 hour movement, and to me they make more interesting watches than Tissot. I'm very happy with my titanium Ocean Star and have my eye on a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    …what's the general view on the Marathon watches as far as quality and value goes?
    Reviews are plentiful and Hodinkee has some good material. Essentially, Marathons are seen as tough and reliable tool watches and the brand takes its history and obligation to military specifications seriously.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tr...h-of-adventure

I think the bang/buck ratio is pretty solid. I don’t think the Marathon upcharge is as blatant as CWC. for example. Although I do think the CWC divers are cool you’re definitely being charged for the “issued” history and ambience.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Reviews are plentiful and Hodinkee has some good material. Essentially, Marathons are seen as tough and reliable tool watches and the brand takes its history and obligation to military specifications seriously.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tr...h-of-adventure

I think the bang/buck ratio is pretty solid. I don’t think the Marathon upcharge is as blatant as CWC. for example. Although I do think the CWC divers are cool you’re definitely being charged for the “issued” history and ambience.
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thank you. Much appreciated.
    I definitely prefer the diver-style but my Navigator is a great watch. I put some bullet points a few pages back.

7.5” wrist.

Name:  E35277CF-62BA-4C56-9C10-D2FE5334DFF7.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  34.5 KB
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Thank you.

This forum makes my wallet cry.

User Tag List