Page 369 of 375 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 3749

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    It's hard to figure out how much water resistance I need in a watch. They rate it in depth (which is a stand-in for pressure) or atmospheres (which is actually pressure), but that's "static" pressure. I'm probably not going to swim or dive with it (but would like ti to survive a quick emergency swim); I'm looking for water resistance in the range of "need to take a quick shower" or "someone pushes me into the pool/lake off a boat" or "my impertinent nieces shoot me with a water hose."
    To further complicate things, these depth ratings often vary widely from company to company. Casio watches with only 30m of resistance have a good reputation of being very resistant to water ingress, but 30m means nothing with Hamilton watches. Also, the seals in the watch will degrade over time and will need constant replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Y'all cost me money, again.
    That’s what we do.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So today began Watches and Wonders; basically SHOT for watches.

Here is a sample (with some humor) of what’s new.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    One more point while the water resistance discussion is not too far upthread:

Do not ever replace a bezel or crystal with an aftermarket part and expect water resistance to remain intact.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Any inputs on the Hamilton Kahki field watches? Eyeballing a titanium model as a bday-to-me, and not sure if I'm missing anything.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Any inputs on the Hamilton Kahki field watches? Eyeballing a titanium model as a bday-to-me, and not sure if I'm missing anything.
    Can’t go wrong. Hamilton is one of the brands at the intersection of price and value.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I should have added that a 5 atm watch with a screw down crown is a lot more water resistant than one without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    To further complicate things, these depth ratings often vary widely from company to company. Casio watches with only 30m of resistance have a good reputation of being very resistant to water ingress, but 30m means nothing with Hamilton watches. Also, the seals in the watch will degrade over time and will need constant replacement.
    Now you tell me; Im adding a screw-down crown to sapphire on my list of must-haves for an outdoor watch. This is after a slip into the Loyal Hannah river just outside of Pittsburgh.

Name:  IMG_6682.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  34.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Now you tell me; Im adding a screw-down crown to sapphire on my list of must-haves for an outdoor watch. This is after a slip into the Loyal Hannah river just outside of Pittsburgh.

Was that supposed to be waterproof?

If that is a watch you would like to keep, get it to Hamilton or to a watchmaker ASAP. That water will take its toll.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Was that supposed to be waterproof?

If that is a watch you would like to keep, get it to Hamilton or to a watchmaker ASAP. That water will take its toll.
    Water resistant to 10 bar. I figured I could at least fall into hip deep water for 1-2 seconds and not have ingress?!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post

That's really concerning. Sorry to see that.

User Tag List