Page 76 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions on getting a scratch out of a mineral crystal dial window?
    Many jewelrs can buff it out if its not too deep. If not get a new crystal, if cant find one buy a new watch.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
    Sorry, guys, I should have read a whole lot deeper before posting. Please understand I am not mocking your stuff - I'm in awe and just jealous. Please keep up the great pics!
    Lol, no worries! Spending that much on a watch is a little crazy. It's like buying a multi-thousand dollar 1911 when a Glock 19 does everything you need.

I could never stomach paying $2,000 for an entry level Wilson 1911 when my G19s are working just fine, yet I will probably drop about that on a Sinn 103 next year even though I have plenty of watches: http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Si...elet-4p291.htm. There's just something about a little machine running quietly and accurately on my wrist under it's own power, yet it's water resistant to 200m and reasonably shock resistant. That's just cool.

A sub-$100 G-Shock has a lot of cool features and is tougher than pretty much anything else out there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0097L...3NY8Z8NT3FC48P. Spending more only makes sense if the watch "speaks" to you some how.

The $500 - $1,000 range is an odd zone, to me at least. Even if you are into automatic movements, there are some nice Seikos, Orient's, and micro brands under $500 (dress, tool, diver - take your pick). Most of my watches are well under that. Once you get to the $1,000 - $2,000 range you have some really great watches that a offer more than toughness (fun history, greater attention to detail in design and build, cool tech, etc.). I'm a big tool watch fan, and a bit of a watch hipster (Want to know what watch I'm wearing? Never mind, you've probably never heard of it), so Sinn and Damasko turn me on. Other folks really love Omega. To each his own.
    Last edited by 98z28; 12-21-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Site Supporter

Just bought this one last week as my intro to higher end watches.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-21-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: embedded image

Site Supporter
    98z28 - the attraction to cool stuff runs very deep in me. Since I began reading pf, I discovered a great appreciation I never knew I had for edged weapons. There is a beauty to a knife blade that draws me in that I can't explain. I've always loved watches and this thread really "works" for me. I may be in big trouble here. Gotta start playing the lottery, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raccoon View Post
    98z28 - the attraction to cool stuff runs very deep in me. Since I began reading pf, I discovered a great appreciation I never knew I had for edged weapons. There is a beauty to a knife blade that draws me in that I can't explain. I've always loved watches and this thread really "works" for me. I may be in big trouble here. Gotta start playing the lottery, I guess.
    A luxury once tasted, becomes a necessity...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post

Just bought this one last week as my intro to higher end watches.
    Well done, old boy.

</Sean Connery>

I've said it before somewhere in this very thread: you're not a true WIS until you've bought and sold more than one U series Sinn...

Nice pickup!

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have a Marathon GSAR? I have a few watches I want to get next year, i'm on the fence about this one.

Acquiring a U1 has only made me want to get a U2...

Name:  SinnU1-HKVP9_zpsdb02e07d.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  65.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    That U1 is sharp! A Sinn is on my short list for next year. Although there's a few on that list!

User Tag List