Page 357 of 375 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 3743

Thread: Obligatory Wristwatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    A bit of a thread drift, but my ETA powered Tudor Pelagos is malfunctioning. I don't really want to take it the dealer here, nor the luxury watch place that repaired it once before. So now I'm looking at out-of-state options. Does anyone have a West Coast reference that I can trust to do quality work at a reasonable price?
    I heard good things about LA Watchworks. Unfortunately, quality work these days is expensive.

Site Supporter
    I'd like for my next watch to be an automatic, with a lighter dial color (tan, beige, white - warmer colors may be okay, not looking for flashy) - most of mine are blue/black, with one grey.

One with enough water resistance that I don't have to think about what I can/can't do while wearing it, which probably necessitates sapphire/mineral crystals as well. This would include not being killed from recoil of shooting

No real feelings on day/date - all of my existing watches are date only. Open to no-date as well. An easy to read, uncluttered dial is ideal.

I've been looking at Seiko and Citizen, but I'm really not sure what else is out there. Would like to keep it under $200, but could stretch to $300 if there's a significant difference at those price points.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'd like for my next watch to be an automatic, with a lighter dial color (tan, beige, white - warmer colors may be okay, not looking for flashy) - most of mine are blue/black, with one grey.

One with enough water resistance that I don't have to think about what I can/can't do while wearing it, which probably necessitates sapphire/mineral crystals as well. This would include not being killed from recoil of shooting

No real feelings on day/date - all of my existing watches are date only. Open to no-date as well. An easy to read, uncluttered dial is ideal.

I've been looking at Seiko and Citizen, but I'm really not sure what else is out there. Would like to keep it under $200, but could stretch to $300 if there's a significant difference at those price points.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?
    I went for the Seiko SBSA227, the JDM version of the SRPK31. Long Island Watch has the SRPK31 is on sale for $260. I think I paid about $250, with shipping, for my SBSA227 from Sakura Watches.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    200M water resistance
    Automatic
    Light Dial
    Sapphire Chrystal

300USD

https://www.amazon.com/Orient-Japane...s%2C136&sr=8-1

Name:  IMG_0028.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  39.6 KB
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 02-01-2024 at 10:58 PM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    200M water resistance
    Automatic
    Light Dial
    Sapphire Chrystal

300USD

https://www.amazon.com/Orient-Japane...s%2C136&sr=8-1

Name:  IMG_0028.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  39.6 KB

I don’t have the Mako, but I do have the Kamasu; same guts internally and it’s incredibly accurate with a smooth sweep. Much improved over the Seikos in the same price bracket.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    P-

Seiko's continued failure to use sapphire crystals deep into 500USD watches has me even higher on Orient and microbrands ie. Unimatic in the same 500ish max space.

Frankly, when companies like Vaer are using sapphire at sub 200 USD, WHY Seiko? While "Hardlex" is better than mineral, it is not sapphire.

SEIKO-Eat the cost or charge me more but put it on the watch.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Timex Expedition

I am mostly a low end automatic pilot watch person, but the posts about the field watch and timex lead me to this one, which hits every button for me for a really cheap beater quartz watch that functions and looks the way I like.

Name:  timex expedition.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  78.3 KB
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Site Supporter
    I’m recently all in on the Apple Watch just because of step counting and heart rate. But I find it a pain on vacations mainly due to dealing with charging it, especially on long travel days. Left it at home this trip and broke out my Lum-tec. That was a great decision.

Site Supporter
    I am wearing an Apple Watch while my normal daily wear watch awaits a trip to service. I agree about the annoyance of daily charging. I also find that I need to keep notifications at a minimum to actually see the time when I look at the watch, and keep app buttons off the main face I use to keep from unintentionally activating something and running down the watch or phone battery.

It is great for tracking workouts, but most of what it does, the bigger screen on my phone does better.

My daughter begged me for months to get her one. Now that she has one, I can hardly get her to wear it at all.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am wearing an Apple Watch while my normal daily wear watch awaits a trip to service. I agree about the annoyance of daily charging. I also find that I need to keep notifications at a minimum to actually see the time when I look at the watch, and keep app buttons off the main face I use to keep from unintentionally activating something and running down the watch or phone battery.

It is great for tracking workouts, but most of what it does, the bigger screen on my phone does better.

My daughter begged me for months to get her one. Now that she has one, I can hardly get her to wear it at all.
    My wife has an Apple Watch with the phone chip built in, and loves it. She walks 15000 steps a day mostly in yoga pants, and this lets her leave her phone behind and still have music, texts, and calls. Plus her phone is always buried in her purse so she answers on her watch to say “hold on a sec, let me find my phone”. Since I always carry my phone in my front left pocket just as much as I carry a pistol, none of that applies to me.

User Tag List